• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AT gun on half-track?

I don't think they ever mounted PAK 40's or even PAK 38's on the HT, those are pretty heavy pieces.

What you might be thinking of is the Panzerbusche 41, which was essentially a super AT rifle.

This weapon looks like a miniture PAK gun from a distance, but operates off of the unique "Gerlich" principle. This gun used a tapered bore to fire a "stripping" round, or APCNR, which was fired at very high velocity.

I do not have the exact figures with me here at work, but it was some where in the area of like 3,500 fps I believe. It was excellent for taking on tanks, especially the T-34 when other German AT guns were having trouble dealing with it, but the tungsten ammunition was soon used up and then no more could be made after Hitler decreed all tungsten to be used for machine tools from early-mid '42 onwards.

This gun was also issued to Fallshirmjager units initially because of its light weight and compact size.

EDIT: Just remembered they did have a variant with the PAK 40, but it was very cumbersome and prone to a lot of mechanical trouble. Also, there were some HTs fitted with the short 75mm (L24) as seen on the Panzer IV F1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I'd like to see is other vehicles as well, take for example the famous Sdkfz. 234/Puma:

puma1.jpg

Hey, with the right amount of donations, I'm willing to quit my job and become a full time RO modeller. :p

Upvote 0