• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats your best moment so far?

S~am said:
Nice. I saw you playing on a server and tried to join to tell you good job on the movie but i couldn't join D: I bet your fun to play with :p.

lol, I usually play on any of these servers.... ;)
[My current favys xD]

=db= RO Ostfront Server
207.210.238.47:7757

DHC Infantry Only Maps
69.28.221.120:7757

{MWM}RO:Ostfront
207.210.238.96:7757

RO: AAA 9thSF Ostfront Server Recruiting
216.75.14.112:7757

Now back to the storys!!!!

Upvote 0
Heh i have another one. Yesterday i was playing on stalingrad and i took a long journey as a russian soldier all the way around where most the battle was going on to get where the german sniper building is. I eventually got in the building and walked around cautiously looking for the sniper. I then looked were the stairwell was and sure enough he was at the bottom of it taking out my comrads. I Hit him with my butt but it didn't kill him so i shot him in the head while he was laying down. Next thing i know i look up the stairs and his buddy shoots me in the face with an MG.

Upvote 0
This my best moment .It was that level with all the trenchs and long grass. I was an axis smg first i took the first position killed two russians doing it then i helped take the command bunker killed another russian, then i went up the left flank aand up into the tower killed two russians up there. I then went in the back of the station house and killed a further two russians downstairs, so then i go upstairs and i have three russian rifle men at my mercy their too busy sniping my men out front to notice me, i walk up behind them im just about to pull the triger when boom a friendly arty shell lands upstairs and kills all four of us, no really it did happen and i didnt die once up to the arty shell.

Upvote 0
One of my great moments was on Konigsplatz. I was a german Pak Soldat by one of the mounds of rubble. We were pinned pretty bad by an IS2 and T34 combined with all of the infantry. Ruskies kept on running over the top, tossing grenades, etc. The tanks kept on inching closer and closer- they were keeping their distance because we kept on firing a faust in their general direction.

Finaly the T34 came barreling down the left side of the map(that thing is fast!). It turned to the center of the mound, MG's blazing! It rushed head on, and hit the mound. I was on the other side, pulling out a faust, when I see a T35 comming over the top- I raise the faust and fire right into the belly! BOOM! No more T34!

Of course right at that time the IS2 came up along the right side at a good distance away and cut me down with the coax MG. Was a fun moment though, seeing a T34 flying over a small mound infront of you, then bowing it up :D

Upvote 0
i was advancing from spawn when i thought i saw a muzzle flash. i dropped to prone, took a good look. all of a sudden a bullet flys over my head. then another and another. before i know it im fully pinned in the open on my belly with a ton of rounds going over me. i look back and see a freindly and realize im stuck in crossfire. very intense visuals with that one.

another, i was stationary and comtemplating my next move when a enemy comes over a hill 25m out. i pull up my rifle and lazyily fire. i got a perfect hit. then i proceeded to play out the same scenario with me being the target.

Upvote 0
On Konigsplatz, playing a Russian Strelok, just capping Germans as best I could. It's awesome when one gets a kill-shot and lets a few more comrades move up to the next berm.

Me and some friends did a glorious bayonet charge towards the tower on Odessa. We all attached bayonets, hit sprint, pulled back the rifle and spouted insults as we charged towards the tower. It's almost traumatic when you're doing something like that and you see one of the guys running just in front of you get hit and fall, or when your machine-gunner suppresses the 42 looking down the street and gives you a chance to sprint across the road and dive over the sandbags.

Some tank moments are awesome too. Playing around with your sights for a little while and then shooting one round off, watching it arc, and hit the enemy tank... only to have your round bounce off the T-34's sloped armour :p

Upvote 0
every night is full of great moments and humbling experiences. alot more humbling it seems.
but tonight i had a good match...at the map with the petrol yard and the construction house...can't remember the name. I played it as german this time for the first time.
We were storming the construction house...I was bringing up the rear having recently spawned. I turned a corner into a courtyard and had to hip-shoot a russian with my mp40. got lucky.
aomebody opened the door and threw a 'nade. it went off and we all stormed in. i got two more kills and just like that it was capped....game over.
it all happens so quick sometimes.....it reminds you of what veterans say combat is really like.....days on end of boredom puntuated by minutes of sheer terror.
not that RO is boring....far from it. I can't seem to play anything else these days.

Upvote 0
Not really my finest momemt, but I had the strangest thing happen on Rakowice. I was a Russian sniper lying prone looking through the scope, and had one of the germans with an smg surprise me. As I fumbled for my pistol, The guy emptied 3 clips -- not exaggerating -- at point blank range. At first I managed to arm a grenade -- figured I was dead but hopefully could prime or throw the nade on the ground and take him with me. Somehow the grenade missed us both.

I finally managed to get the pistol out and fired wildly while he was running around shooting at me. The third or fourth time he was reloading, I finally shot and killed him with the pistol. Every single part of my damage figure on the bottom left of the screen was red except for the gut in the center. Arms, legs, head, chest, everything. The strange part was -- it felt like he was actually hitting me during the entire scrum! Like he shot each body part only enough to cause minor damage.

Upvote 0
There's no best for me just various shades of awesome. Tonight I had a moment like that, where 2 German tanks (unsure which kind they were at that distance) at extreme range both had their tank commanders peeking out the top assuming they were safe at such a distance away. I killed both of them at extreme range with a my PTRD..OUCH!! I would've loved to see what it looked like from their end, all of a sudden "plink" head disappears *little pause* "plink" #2 down.

Upvote 0