• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where are the players?!

Once a patch comes out you'll probably see a little spike in the players playing the game, because for what ever reason, they just can't play it. I just happen to be one of those people, I've tried EVERYTHING to get this game running, but for some reason I just can't get the game going smoothly without it freezing and crashing once I get into a server. Atleast for me, and possibly some of the other people who can't get it running right, are going to wait for a patch to come out that will hopefully fix some of the problems. I played this game once while it ran smoothly, and was imediatly hooked. I think it's worth the wait till a patch comes out, I just hope that the other people with problems are willing to wait for a patch as well. Personally, I feel that this game rocks when it runs right, unfortunatly for me, I just have to get it to run right, lol.

Upvote 0
After RO:O release i've been able to play without major problems and with decent fps. The problem starts to be that i'm so damn bored with SMG's and rifles, and my load times aint the fastest (but nowhere near the slowest, either :)) so I cant ever arrive on the server before everyone else to get a more special class. Simple as that, really :O

Ah well, I'll play RO from time to time, just to see if I can get my hands on an MG.

Upvote 0
FixxeR said:
After RO:O release i've been able to play without major problems and with decent fps. The problem starts to be that i'm so damn bored with SMG's and rifles, and my load times aint the fastest (but nowhere near the slowest, either :)) so I cant ever arrive on the server before everyone else to get a more special class. Simple as that, really :O

Ah well, I'll play RO from time to time, just to see if I can get my hands on an MG.

You can choose rifle class then you can follow and support the MG. When he is killed you take up his weapon.:D

Upvote 0
I hope the numbers go up, this weekend there were like 1500 playing on avg, but weekend of the release it was like 30-40 shy of hitting 2000 people. I really do hope we break the 2,000 barrier mark once the patch has been released and once the game hits stores in other countries.

Im sure we'll see a slight boost once mods start coming out. (more of a long term thing)

Upvote 0
Personally I don't care that there are 1500 people playing or whatever, to me that's a ton, the mod was awesome for me and there was like only 60 people on at a time. THe same guys over again, and that made it pretty fun actually.. It only sucked that there was one full 32 player server full and the other one had like 16 . I miss 32 player Koitos on the Core 32 Player Server :p. I don't care that it's not popular. I don't talk about video games with my friends at all *shock* I don't get why you guys are worried about it either, there are more than enough servers for the people, and you have a choice over map and server location. I personally was shocked that was 50 full servers and over a thousand people playing Friday before last.

Upvote 0
The retail copy in stores is not available in all parts of the country. Infact, today, I mailed a buddy who lives outside Atlanta a retail copy of the game just because they won't be in his Best Buy for another week.

I think another thing that is keeping the servers empty is the learning curve. BF2 was easier to learn than this game. I still struggle with the objectives on some maps because I never know if the objectives have to be captured in a certain order or not. The server I frequent most, because of friends and fellow clan mates, has more bots than human players. The bots are just frustrating as hell. They are either complete idiots or eagle eye sharpshooters from the hip with smg's.

Upvote 0
|KHSG|_Roamer said:
The retail copy in stores is not available in all parts of the country. Infact, today, I mailed a buddy who lives outside Atlanta a retail copy of the game just because they won't be in his Best Buy for another week.

I think another thing that is keeping the servers empty is the learning curve. BF2 was easier to learn than this game. I still struggle with the objectives on some maps because I never know if the objectives have to be captured in a certain order or not. The server I frequent most, because of friends and fellow clan mates, has more bots than human players. The bots are just frustrating as hell. They are either complete idiots or eagle eye sharpshooters from the hip with smg's.

Set your filters to not show servers with bots. For me this was a must. Also, while in game hit your "o" key to bring up the map and it tells what the current objectives are on the right hand side. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
|KHSG|_Roamer said:
Thanks for the info Jackson.
No problem.

I have had it happen once where I went to a server that didn't have any bots but when we switched maps the server added bots. I just left.

One other thing of note; If the server shows say 28/32 and you highlight it, look at the bottom and see how many players names are there. If it only shows like 10 players, then you know it probably has bots.

Upvote 0
Elwood_Hirsch said:
You can choose rifle class then you can follow and support the MG. When he is killed you take up his weapon.:D

Or......If you get pissed off from being the constant rifleman, and see map after map the same dude picking the sniper class and only getting below the 10 mark on the scorecard....find him and shoot him in the head. Oh my, whats this? a sniper rifle laying here on the ground? well i guess i can use it.
Dirty tactics, but you know what, just because mommy and daddy buy their little prince the best PC money can buy, does not make him skillfull at the game. Ive done this once and im NOT ashamed. This would not be the case if freakin guns didnt disapear in thin air if they lay on the ground for more then 10 seconds.

Upvote 0
hellhammer said:
Or......If you get pissed off from being the constant rifleman, and see map after map the same dude picking the sniper class and only getting below the 10 mark on the scorecard....find him and shoot him in the head. Oh my, whats this? a sniper rifle laying here on the ground? well i guess i can use it.
Dirty tactics, but you know what, just because mommy and daddy buy their little prince the best PC money can buy, does not make him skillfull at the game. Ive done this once and im NOT ashamed. This would not be the case if freakin guns didnt disapear in thin air if they lay on the ground for more then 10 seconds.

What a jerk! The kind of TKing dumbass I thought I'd left behind in mohaa and bf2.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Dont forget if you buy retail to put the ROO boxes on top of the COD2 ones :).

Just put them side by side and let the customer decide. I play both and each game requires a differnt style of play. A player use to the MOH and COD series will have to adjust RO gameplay. Hopefully, an RO demo will be released soon so potential players can decide if RO is for them or not. I can't think of much worse than paying 30 to 50 dollars for a game and finding out you hate it.

Upvote 0