• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

False Advertising

ALLTALL said:
The minimum requirements of this game should have stated that with 512 Ram you wont be playing will all the weapons. I don't mind losing the money, but apparently I cant even deleted steam and still let the kids play the off line game.
You can play with 512RAM no problem it’s the CPU requirements that are a bit lowered IMHO.

You can play in offline mode but you can’t uninstall steam.

Upvote 0
it doesnt make any sense what you are saying, unless you are angry that you dont get into the game early enough to use other types of weapons.

If thats the case, sorry, there was no false advertising, it just means you need to join servers with less people on them and less likely to have the other weapons taken.

I still havent used a sniper rifle in the game so I understand how you feel, but it doesnt pay to complain about it if its technically your fault for not purchasing a better machine.

Upvote 0
ya thats not false advertising because they provided a product that included all the weapons they promised and if you can load them map then in theory you can choose any weapon. Now in practice will you get to choose any weapon, maybe not but that doesnt mean that you never will. It would be false advertising to say a gun is included but not have it in the game.

Also just because you system meets the min specs doesnt mean you cant try and make it better. I mean the key word there is min, meaning there are going to be many many people with better specs that will load faster then you. They cant make it so everyone regaurdless of specs loads at the same speed. You really should try the tweaks on improving you load times. I have been told if you reformat you comp, reinstall ROOST and do the ini file tweak your loading times can go down but 3/4. I mean I was taking 1 min to load and just did the ini file tweak but I'm down to about 20-30 seconds.

Upvote 0
[RWTD]Ghost[BCthc] said:
Ram is cheap, and heck, If I cant choose a good gun I just follow around some sucker untill her gets shot up and use his. Its hardy false advertising if you can play the game....

Ram is not cheap for this thing. It uses rambus type ram. It would cost hundreds of dollars to get it to a gig. I am not complaning about the game in general. I expected to play with low settings. I don't care about eye candy anyway. My point was that the min spects had no disclaimer about weapon choice.

Upvote 0
ALLTALL said:
Ram is not cheap for this thing. It uses rambus type ram. It would cost hundreds of dollars to get it to a gig. I am not complaning about the game in general. I expected to play with low settings. I don't care about eye candy anyway. My point was that the min spects had no disclaimer about weapon choice.
Heh, My machine is exactly that one (Except mine is a Dell), well, that and my Radeon 9700 PRO blew up a few months ago... it was temporarily replaced with a 9250 256MB. With the tweaks it takes me 30-60 seconds a load. I won't always get a different weapon, but most of the time I get a choice. I believe I've used every weapon ingame non-looted (Maybe except the german sniper, but that's more chance than anything), and I'm talking on servers with lotsa people. Then again it might help me that I love bolt-actions, specially the Nagant.

Upvote 0
Pardon the question, but what the heck do the minimum system requirements have to do with weapon selection???

That's a gameplay/RTFM issue I would think!

It doesn't matter what your hardware is, in terms of being able to choose your weapon; have you read the manual on how this game works? Each 'class' has specific weapon assignments. Additionally, only certain numbers of each class are allowed on each map. If all the spots for that class are taken up when you connect then you have to take another class.

Sure, it's a bit of a bummer if you REALLY wanted to play the machine gunner roll, but it adds to the realism of the overall game (plus, I don't know about you, but I was sick and tired of some games where half the team comes in as snipers).

In conclusion, your complaint is invalid due to the fact that there is no correlation between hardware requirements and weapon selection.

Upvote 0
dp76764 said:
In conclusion, your complaint is invalid due to the fact that there is no correlation between hardware requirements and weapon selection.
There is, which is what he's arguing...
...if it takes you a min or more to load, it means that most of the time all of the weapon kits are taken and you're stuck with a Nagant/KAR. This is not a rule, sometimes people leave etc, but compared against people who load fast you don't have as much chance to get a different kit as them. He is complaining that since he is inside the 'min req' window, he should not have to load that much more time than other people. With that last part you may agree or disagree, but that's his point.

Upvote 0
dp76764 said:
Pardon the question, but what the heck do the minimum system requirements have to do with weapon selection???
It's because the OP can't get into the game fast enough to select a weapon/class other than rifle. I'm sure that can be frustrating but...this thread makes me shake my head. I love the assertation that a disclaimer should have read "If your machine is low end you won't be able to snipe".. I mean come on.

I would follow their advice to possibly speed up the loading times of your game and hope for the best.

Also, while in-game, you can always try "can I snipe please, I load too slow and I'd really like to play sniper". You'd be surprised how many people will be willing to give it up if you ask nicely.

Upvote 0
There is no false advertising anywhere. Nowhere does it say on the box "game will load quickly enough for you to choose the role you want every time".

You're nearly guilty of false advertising yourself by starting a thread that insinuates you're not getting what you paid for, when in fact it's more likely a tech issue on your end. It just sounds like you're mad that those out there with 2GB of RAM, dual 7800Gt's, and a top-of-the-line CPU would dare load faster than your current machine. 2.5Ghz with 512 RAM and a 9700 is not exactly screaming fast anymore, but they it's plenty enough to run the game.

What I suggest is playing with your .ini file and seeing what happens. Check around the forum - there are plenty of load time speed tweaks available, including setting the amount of caching, and turning off caching altogether (vastly improved map load times).

Upvote 0
RE: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/member.php?u=999
That's a very strange way of interpreting an 'MHS'.

The point of a 'minimum hardware specifications' list is to inform consumers of what the minimum amount of hardware that is required to successfully load and operate the software.

Getting the game to load quickly enough to choose something does NOT fall under this umbrella. Older/slower hardware does not physically prevent you from being able to choose what you like; other people getting in first do that, and that's a game design 'feature'.

Again, this complaint has nothing to do with hardware limitations; at least not in the realm of 'false advertising' on a minimum hardware specs list.

Upvote 0
dp76764 said:
RE: Drovek

The point of a 'minimum hardware specifications' list is to inform consumers of what the minimum amount of hardware that is required to successfully load and operate the software.

Quite true. The one to look out for is the "recommended" specs, not the "minimum" ones. Its a lesson that needs learning; 95% of PC gamers already have.

Upvote 0
ALLTALL said:
The minimum requirements of this game should have stated that with 512 Ram you wont be playing will all the weapons. I don't mind losing the money, but apparently I cant even deleted steam and still let the kids play the off line game.
Game starts up = minimum requirement fulfilled.

What the heck is "rambus" ram? _never_ heard of it? EDIT: oh, you must mean RIMM-chips.
I have two spare 512 MB RIMM chips, wanna buy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0