• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Then came the newbs.

The Soup Nazi

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
Now, I just bought the game today and started playing it on Konigsplatz, and this is the first time I've ever played RO, but I did come from a Call of Duty 2 Tactical Realism Unit. I find it great that as long as I try to act realistically and not RnG everywhere, things work out, because so many times would I find like 5 Russians /WALK/ over a ditch only to get gunned down because they forget they can't constantly run. On the other hand, I'm satisfied that when I get taken down, its because someone managed to flank me. I also have to credit the game to creating VERY tense situations like in Konigsplatz, where multiple russians make their way, and you try to stay down, attaching your bayonet and forgetting how many rounds you have left in your Kar98 wondering where you should try to pick em off or do a bayonet charge. Kudos tripwire.

After 6 years of playing Day of Defeat religiously, I've found RO to be my new preferred game. DoD:S was a huge let down for me largely due to the rediculously innacurate weapons (especially the autos). Being a person who likes a more realistic feel, RO has become dod's rightful successor for me. The weapons all feel lethal, and death is always one mistake away. Supperb job creating the feel and tention of a battle.

I'm happy to call myself a RO "newb". :D

Upvote 0
Same with me. Started playing MOH:AA years back lol. The clan I am in have just moved over to COD2, but the support is rubbish.

Love this game though. At least you don't get taken down by some kid spraying everywhere with his Thompson shouting "Leet" and "OWNED" at you.

Keep up the good work Tripwire.

THIS GAME ROCKS!! :)

Upvote 0
[RWTD]Burn[GKR] said:
After 6 years of playing Day of Defeat religiously, I've found RO to be my new preferred game. DoD:S was a huge let down . . .

Yes, likewise - well it was let-down as soon as they went retail tbh but they did improve the GoldSource version since then.

It's funny - people on the DoD boards for years would cry and cry for more realism and I'd chime in and let them know that the game they are looking for is already out there 'Pick-up UT for $10 and download 'The Third Reich'!' I'd say and later on 'Red Orchestra' of course ;)

It really was my favorite mod for a long time although I only played it now and then due to the number of players/servers available. Now it's all I play - I hope I don't burn out on it any time soon.

Upvote 0