• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what sounds better

what sounds better

• Burning Sands: Afrika Front 40-43

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Burning Sands: Afrikafeldzug 40-43

Votes: 41 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Afrika Front, mostly because it's easier to pronounce. Even though "ostfront" isn't english it's still pretty easy to read, where as "Afrikafeldzug" loses me after the end of "Afrika". I can just foresee problems discussing your mod with people being like "Yeah I tried out Burning Sands: Afrika--uh.....that African front mod, yeah."

Upvote 0
BobdogG5 said:
Afrika Front, mostly because it's easier to pronounce. Even though "ostfront" isn't english it's still pretty easy to read, where as "Afrikafeldzug" loses me after the end of "Afrika". I can just foresee problems discussing your mod with people being like "Yeah I tried out Burning Sands: Afrika--uh.....that African front mod, yeah."
Maybe, but people would just call it Burning Sands, in the same way that I still usually refer to Red Orchestra rather than Ostfront.

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
BURNING SANDS: AFRIKA KORPS 40-43 <-----sounds much better to me
Nah, makes it look like it's too German centered IMO... :D

Der Afrikafeldzug refers to the entire African campaign. Might sound Germandish, but it sure as hell brings the message! :D
BobdogG5 said:
Well it's actually easy to pronounce with a Southern North-American accent. :D

Ph (like in Philadelphia) E (like in Error) LD (like in BoLD) zoo (The word "zoo") gh or c (gh like in Genghis Khan or c in cough)

Also, the word Afrika Front is not correct German, you can't say Afrika Front, like you can't say Russland Front of Frankreich Front.
It's done with an additive word, like die nordafrikanische Front, die russische Front or die franz

Last edited:
Upvote 0