• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ValidPostiveOffset=wtf?!?

ValidPostiveOffset=wtf?!?

Um... WTF is this BULLSH*T???

"We are working on this now?" Well, bully for you.

Seriously... what am I supposed to do? This _is_ BS.

And btw I've tried turning GoBack off... it hasn't helped.

Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed

---------------------------
Name: ValidPositiveOffset
Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
Line: 310
( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove ) <= m_sPath.length()) )
(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

Fix: We are working on this issue now.

Upvote 0
Pyth said:

( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove ) <= m_sPath.length()) )

I had the same error you got so I know where your comming from I removed Norton System Works and what do you know the game runs. As they said they are fixing it but the question is when.

Upvote 0
Pyth said:

I know this probably won't help, but when I installed Steam in order to download Red Orchestra, the default directory (and the one I installed it into) was c:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe and NOT c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe. Is there any chance that you have an older version of Steam running, or you could download Steam again into the default directory (that I had above) without screwing up any game files you have downloaded? I also couldn't find any reference to splitpath.cpp on my computer anywhere when I did a search. Just a thought, process of elimination....

Upvote 0
The good news is that I can finally play the game. The bad news is that it took uninstalling Norton Systemworks 2003 from my system, which I feel is a poor answer. I hope a solution can be found that does not require me to remove software that has happily existed with all of the other current games I have, including UT2004 and other games based on the Unreal engine.

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
I know this probably won't help, but when I installed Steam in order to download Red Orchestra, the default directory (and the one I installed it into) was c:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe and NOT c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe. Is there any chance that you have an older version of Steam running, or you could download Steam again into the default directory (that I had above) without screwing up any game files you have downloaded? I also couldn't find any reference to splitpath.cpp on my computer anywhere when I did a search. Just a thought, process of elimination....

Thanks Moe, I appreciate the reply (you too Sniper, if you're reading this)... My steam is up-to-date. From what I can tell after reading the forums my conflict is RO and Norton System Works... NSW works great for me, the AV has blocked intrusion attempts on several occassions and the utilities are helpful. I'm not going to uninstall an excellent, well functioning program so that RO can _maybe_ run.

What is Tripwire's problem that it can't get run with Norton? AV and firewall conflicts with games have been around for a decade now. This is the kind of problem you look for and fix before a release. How can tripwire release a game that doesn't work with NSW on a WIN XP PC... or Zone Alarm... these aren't exactly obscure configurations.

Frankly this problem is so bad I'm starting to resent not just Tripwire, but Steam as well... I really thought games delivered thru the Steam system were reliable (they have been up till now) ... this shows me that isn't true.

Another game or two with probs like this on Steam and that brand will be trashed.

Well, enough griping. Good luck all... let's hope a fix for this comes thru soon. Until then I'll console myself with the thought that 25 bux isn't the end of the world.

Pyth

Upvote 0
Yea but see for me I didnt want to take out Norton but also I wanted to see how this game is, now that I know how it is I might remove it not worth to remove NSW from your system to run this game. I did see they are "working on it" but that dont tell us nothing, I've ran and still run other games example CS:S,HL2 etc with NSW installed and no errors. I've never liked Steam and still don't but Im sure there are alot of gamers like myself who wanted to see this game and play it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sniper2k1 said:
Yea but see for me I didnt want to take out Norton but also I wanted to see how this game is, now that I know how it is I might remove it not worth to remove NSW from your system to run this game. I did see they are "working on it" but that dont tell us nothing, I've ran and still run other games example CS:S,HL2 etc with NSW installed and no errors. I've never liked Steam and still don't but Im sure there are alot of gamers like myself who wanted to see this game.

After blowing 25 bucks on the game i dont want to just see it i wanna play the game...it seems like everyone has some big complicated error that is totally different from mine..plz pm me or email me if u can help.

Upvote 0
My Problem is being worked on!

My Problem is being worked on!

Yes this is my problem, and I'm willing to wait a few weeks for a fix. Is there gonna be some compensation for us beta testers. You planning to send out some special levels or something? I mean let's face it we gave you our money and now all we have is hope.
I am running a P4 3.2EE, 2 Gigs RAM,1.2 TB storage and a NV7800 superclock 256MB.
I assume that there will be some notification through Steam that this problem has been rectified, when it happens.

Upvote 0
m1nkyb0y said:

Yes this is my problem, and I'm willing to wait a few weeks for a fix. Is there gonna be some compensation for us beta testers. You planning to send out some special levels or something? I mean let's face it we gave you our money and now all we have is hope.
I am running a P4 3.2EE, 2 Gigs RAM,1.2 TB storage and a NV7800 superclock 256MB.
I assume that there will be some notification through Steam that this problem has been rectified, when it happens.

Is it really being worked on if so when are they fixing it is what I want to know.

Upvote 0
Sniper2k1 said:
Is it really being worked on if so when are they fixing it is what I want to know.

Put it this way...I downloaded this almost 2 weeks ago, and because of that error, I've yet to play the game.

The "we're currently working on this" has been there since the first night I came here after downloading the game, looking for a fix, with no update.

If they are working on it, they're not updating us on their progress with any regularity.:confused:

Upvote 0
Well here's the good thing I guess this error about Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed

Is caused by Norton System Works, how do I know I had the error I removed Norton System Works 2006 which I had in before the game runs but thats a temp fix till they update or fix it. Im sure there is more that has this problems & others like this one, I'd be happy to hear if they are really working on it or not. :mad: If I dont hear anything soon this game is going back to where it came from and I wont buy any Steam/TW games no more and I'll get my friends do the same.

Upvote 0
Pyth said:
Thanks Moe, I appreciate the reply (you too Sniper, if you're reading this)... My steam is up-to-date. From what I can tell after reading the forums my conflict is RO and Norton System Works... NSW works great for me, the AV has blocked intrusion attempts on several occassions and the utilities are helpful. I'm not going to uninstall an excellent, well functioning program so that RO can _maybe_ run.

What is Tripwire's problem that it can't get run with Norton? AV and firewall conflicts with games have been around for a decade now. This is the kind of problem you look for and fix before a release. How can tripwire release a game that doesn't work with NSW on a WIN XP PC... or Zone Alarm... these aren't exactly obscure configurations.

Frankly this problem is so bad I'm starting to resent not just Tripwire, but Steam as well... I really thought games delivered thru the Steam system were reliable (they have been up till now) ... this shows me that isn't true.

Another game or two with probs like this on Steam and that brand will be trashed.

Well, enough griping. Good luck all... let's hope a fix for this comes thru soon. Until then I'll console myself with the thought that 25 bux isn't the end of the world.

Pyth
Hmmm, I know it is not the same version, but I am running Norton Systems Works Premier 2005, and everything seems ok. Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For ZA users - please see this post: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5090

It appears the latest version should be fine - BUT the updates from ZA have somewhere NOT been updating all the drivers properly. Please check the new thread and try it out, so I can get back to Zonelabs and thump them if that is NOT the problem!

Upvote 0
So, does anyone know how to get a refund on this pile if you bought over the net and downloaded?

I've been waiting for three weeks to play this game and if its not ZA its Norton, if its not one of those two its a system problem. I know every game has bugs, but RO seems to have an infinate amount of them. I live in a "hacker" zone of the country and run 4 firewalls and have yet to have a problem with any application except RO, removing firewalls is not an option as it would create a very expensive paper weight... I'm sory, i've been patient, the fixes do not work, and i've lost all interest. BF2 is much funner to deal with than this.

Again, does anyone know how to get a refund over the net?

Upvote 0
BSOD details:

BSOD details:

I turned off automatic restart on my PC and wrote down the crash data after RO BSOD'd..

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

STOP:
0x00000050, 0x8a000000, 0x00000000, 0xb2c3b79c, 0x00000000

Vsdatant.sys
address: b2c3b79c, base: b2c3b79c, datestamp: 43f9082d

---

Hope this info is of some use to someone at either Tripwire or Zonelabs.

---

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DXG051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 309MB used, 3632MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7800 GTX
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7803 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CCC0]
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20061102&REV_04
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.