• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is possible with UE3.0?

What is possible with the new engine, and are the RO devs working on it already? I heard there is some sort of thing where each particle has a mind of its own so to speak.

Is it possible to have animals in maps for UE3.0 RO, I think that would really fill the gap of the emptiness some people talk about, I think seeing a stag off in the distance on Kaukasus would be cool, and maybe see a a cow in a field, or see the actual pigeons in the barns. The pigeons could even fly out of the barn which could alert the enemy :eek: !

I think with the particle thing it would be possible to make realistic flamethrowers too! O man, I can't wait.

takadi said:
prettyyyyyy :eek:
They better have water effects down too. Voxels!!
The water isn't pixelshaded anymore, but now handled by the NovodeX physics engine.

So if you've got a really really good CPU or PhysX PPU, the physics engine will handle the water rippling, etc.
Instead of pixelshaders, so basically your shader-pipelines on your GPU won't be as stressed anymore! :D

Now it's possible to have Red Orchestra created in such way you can't get to a fast moving tank which just got in water because the waves are pushing you as a soldier back! :eek:

Upvote 0
Terminxman said:
They will probably charge us for a new version of the game :mad:
Uhm, Yeah?
You don't think UE3.0 will come in a patch do you? RO is going to use this engine for the next game (which I haven't heard anything about, but I'm sure it will happen). You build a game around the engine, not the other way around, you can't just change the engine or such so obviously this will be a stand-alone project that they will sell just like any other game

Upvote 0