• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

K98 Ironsights please consider...

protector

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2006
UK
My problem is the ironsights for the k98 rifle, The point what you actually put on the enemy is too grey and when playing a map like konigsplatz the ground and the tip are like the same colour and i really struggle to see where the ironsight point is(and my eyes begin to hurt because im straining to hard to see)...

With the Mosin Nagant there is a sort of different colour and has a bit of edge to it and thereforce you can easily see the tip and obviously dont have to strain to see it i was wondering if theres any chance this could be changed.

i know its a very little problem to go for in such a fantastic game but i dont want glasses lol and ill need them if i keep having to strain to see the tip properly...

Please consider,
Thanks,
[)z(]Protector

User Name said:
Actually even with a different color tip K98k and Mauser sights in general suck in real life too. Its pretty accurate in that regard. Mosin sights are much better, and you can't beat the peep sights on a Garand or No. 4 Enfield!
They "suck" because many don't like the very pointy front post. I personally find them better than the mosin sights. And i don't like aperture sights that much either.

Upvote 0
To be honest with you I've never had a problem with them either. However I've only used them at a range. From what I've heard in combat they can sometimes be difficult to use in certain conditions. Weather, terrain, and lighting have a greater effect on Mauser sights then sights such as those on a Mosin. The sights on a Mosin are, how do I say this, more open? I guess. There is more visible light on the sides of the post when viewed through the notch in the leaf. The Mauser may have better target sights but the Mosin has better combat sights.

Oh, and to stay on topic. They should change the color to black as soon as they can.

Upvote 0
Mausers usually had triangular blades, Mosins often had rectangular blades. Rectangular front sight blades are usually more visible, but can be harder to aim with precisely, especially in open sights (as opposed to aperture sights).

In short: deal with it. IRL, I use orange nail polish on the front sights of my Mausers (just M48s, K98s are too expensive :p). I don't think any military has ever done that with general issue weapons.

That said, my sight blades have very nice black (technically, blued) finishes; the grey in game is as if they don't have any finish at all and are just gray from patina or some such.

Sight.jpg

Upvote 0