• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ivan The Terrible

Mar 21, 2006
I would like to see tanks rationed out on some of the tank maps. Most of the time on those types of maps there is not an infantry man to be found. The lack of infantry makes the game very boring, and unrealistic. I image it would be pretty easy to be able to adjust the percentage of tanks spawned depending on the number of players in a map. I image it could just be a server-side variable that you can set to whatever percentage you want.

You shouldn't get the wrong idea about what constitutes a "tank battle". Take what is probably the most famous "tank battle" ever, at Kursk. In actual fact, the Germans had available 900,000 soldiers compared to 2,700 tanks. For the Russians, 1.3 million soldiers plus 3,600 tanks. The German losses in the first 24 hours highlight this - 25,000 casualties with 200 tanks and self propelled guns destroyed. The tanks are actually a very small component of a "tank battle".

I think the main problem at the moment is the maximum of 16 per side limits the extent of a combined arms operation, and the "tank maps" tend to end up almost completely tank dominated. Wish List = 32 players per side :cool:

Upvote 0
Black_Pegasus said:
I think its in the name TANK map, thats the reason there are so many tanks, You do get combined Arms map where there are only a few tanks & plenty of infantry ^ ^
Oh & of course infantry only maps, plenty for choice I say for everyone's tastes :)

Yes, but that isn't very realistic and extremely boring. Also, the high tank ratio discourages fully manning tanks. Almost all the tanks in a map end up being individually operated...again, unrealistic and boring. Oh, and forget about the useless personnel carriers...there are so many tanks in a map that getting in one of those is basically a suicide mission. If we looked at an average of infantry to tank ratios historically what would we find? I'm quessing the amount of tanks that would be available to 32 men total would be extremely low. I think it would be allot more interesting, and realistic to have a few tanks that are dangerous and hard to destroy. This would allow personnel carriers to become tactically important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0