• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The cows have blood wound decals, y cant soldiers?

Kalashnikov Slamdunk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
if the cow can have decals, then y cant character have decals on them? u could use the exact same ones, it would be perfect.
(also how do i make decals last for longer then a second? i have decal time set to high, i wonder what low would mean )

and i played a mod for ut2003 a million years ago that had paintball guns. guns would leave paint marks on characters.
so that means my idea isnt so impossible.

I think the ut2.5 engine has a setting called "minfps" which, if your fps drop below the predetermined amount, every unnecessary effect on the screen dissapears, such as decals, blood sprays, etc.

It's such a shame because I never see the blood splats on the ground or whatever, only once every few maps. :(

My fps suck I guess.

Upvote 0
Last night on Odessa I saw a very cool effect. An ally was standing in front of me and get shot in the leg. He survived, but blood was spurting out his leg for the next 10-15 seconds (it was a particle effect, not a decal). First and only time I've seen that (guess you don't witness other ppl surviving bullets too often).

Upvote 0
Karmakaze said:
Last night on Odessa I saw a very cool effect. An ally was standing in front of me and get shot in the leg. He survived, but blood was spurting out his leg for the next 10-15 seconds (it was a particle effect, not a decal). First and only time I've seen that (guess you don't witness other ppl surviving bullets too often).

Thats happened to me, except I was the guy who got shot. I was laying down and a stray bullet hit my leg, and as I crawled away, I left a trail of blood drops.

Upvote 0
Grey Wolf=GCHQ= said:
Thats happened to me, except I was the guy who got shot. I was laying down and a stray bullet hit my leg, and as I crawled away, I left a trail of blood drops.

I was able to track a wounded player by bloodtrail and finish him off in his hiding spot. Granted the bloodtrail didn't go on for a 100 meters, but it was still freaking awesome and I would not have found him otherwise.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
I think the ut2.5 engine has a setting called "minfps" which, if your fps drop below the predetermined amount, every unnecessary effect on the screen dissapears, such as decals, blood sprays, etc.

It's such a shame because I never see the blood splats on the ground or whatever, only once every few maps. :(

My fps suck I guess.

Hi KAbex!! (and All) yes, that is TRUE. But you CAN fix it :cool: how? well just do this...

open redorchestra.ini and search for MinDesiredFrameRate. the original is at "35" set this to a low number = 1
(do it in all the entries that you find...)

When you do that at redorchestra.ini the things change...

Of course I have FULL GORE and Decals in High at options menu.

All the ones with "blood troubles" try that tip right now...
sure the engine was removing those effects when the FPS
in my humble PC was going lower than "35", now I see a LOT MORE of BLOOD !!:D you can also ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks man, now I know why I havent been in awe all the time
when seeing people get shot in the face xD

And yes, adding bullet decals on the player models would make
the game so much better, and even more realistic...

I was also thinkin about posting a thread about this after
shooting some cows after getting bored lol ; ]

Upvote 0