• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Mappers ahoy!

Get rid of them

Get rid of them

worluk said:
beside you get warnings, so dont complain if you get blown up there

The warnings dont work -- even if you turn around immediatley and go back they still explode, as if on a timer... They wreck the gameplay. Use visual cues in the map, like fences, rocks, terrain, etc. to block the areas off.

Upvote 0
WickedPenguin said:
If you're seeing those "stupid" minefields, then you're either A) trying to spawncamp or B) wandering off the edge of the map. They're there for a reason.
A) As I said, spawns should be ASIDE from the battlefield, not in middle of them.
And what's best, if they are somehow not easy to access from "outside".
Magical minefield is just unrealistic and stupid.

b) I would rather prefer impassable terrain or invisible wall than magical minefield that blows you up just breathing the air on it.

In pure infantry maps, block all areas that "aren't battlefield" and only make minefield to places that should not be accessible.

For an example: Arad is terribly limited with area of movement, it almost impossible to flank enemy without being noticed.

Upvote 0
Every map has a certain flow. For that flow you need to block certain area's
The most realistic way of doing this is by placing minefields...

There were real minefields in ww2 and not so many ramps where people could walk over from 1 direction. Or huge piles of rubble so you couldnt drop off the world. (although canada is). I experimented with different ways of blocking, like a wooden fence but somehow people always want to get over it to see where the world ends (i can tell you... its a few kilometer north from canada)
And how many tweaks you make, people will find a way to jump over it and get somehow under the terrainmap shooting everyone who walks over their head.

Upvote 0
koetje said:
Every map has a certain flow. For that flow you need to block certain area's
The most realistic way of doing this is by placing minefields...

There were real minefields in ww2 and not so many ramps where people could walk over from 1 direction. Or huge piles of rubble so you couldnt drop off the world. (although canada is). I experimented with different ways of blocking, like a wooden fence but somehow people always want to get over it to see where the world ends (i can tell you... its a few kilometer north from canada)
And how many tweaks you make, people will find a way to jump over it and get somehow under the terrainmap shooting everyone who walks over their head.

flow?

Minefields would be ok if! breathing the air of it wouldnt kill you.

Upvote 0