• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Deaths.

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Not sure of this has been posted before, but i was thinking it MIGHT be a good idea to put how many deaths you've had. But only so that you can see it, which hopefully wont cause a competition to get the best K : D ratio.

Personally, it doesn't bother me if it's there or not, just thought it might help to see how your doing.

Whats everyones opinion of this?

Discuss :D

Its a doubled edged sword there, Having death count will promote imho boasting & camping if it goes down that road why not make your stats permanent like BF2 & perhaps add in medals etc ^ ^

It brings the selfishness of some folks to the fore & doesn't promote team play, hehe not that I've seen much team play anyway so ;-)

Upvote 0
What I'd love to have is a limited number (depending on the map) of respawns per person instead of a global reinforcement number.

But then again, what to do with TKs? count them as a death?

Maybe something like this: 8-10-15 (max) respawns with 2-3 (max) TKs allowed per person.

Then on the third TK: its author loses one of his respawn tickets but not the TKed person.

Also the TK limit that makes you lose your own respawn ticket would surely make people a lot more carefull when handling grenades: since most of the multiple TKs do happen with bad tossed nades.

All in all, this would make people act less kamikaze style and take their responsabilities. As it would give your avatar's life a stronger meaning.

What you think?

Upvote 0
I say take off the scores. Maybe leave in the death, but no other points. And I like an idea that I think DirtyRat had, give out medals to different people - not based on kills but maybe (my own ideas) on accuracy, helping (giving MG ammo etc), holding possitions etc. I don't know the best way for such a system, but I personally think that scores sucks...

Upvote 0
Knapp|3. SS| said:
Again..what is wrong with camping?

Camping = bad
Defending = good

Camping is finding some spot of no real value on the map to either side and just sitting there shooting people as they run by but making no attempt to join the game and help capture the objectives. Or just sitting outside someones spawn and shooting them as they leave, just makes the game no fun for them.

As for death counts, I dont like this. I enjoy it know where it doesnt show your death and everyone has an equal part in the reinforments left.

Upvote 0
Athena said:
What I'd love to have is a limited number (depending on the map) of respawns per person instead of a global reinforcement number.

But then again, what to do with TKs? count them as a death?

Maybe something like this: 8-10-15 (max) respawns with 2-3 (max) TKs allowed per person.

Then on the third TK: its author loses one of his respawn tickets but not the TKed person.

Also the TK limit that makes you lose your own respawn ticket would surely make people a lot more carefull when handling grenades: since most of the multiple TKs do happen with bad tossed nades.

All in all, this would make people act less kamikaze style and take their responsabilities. As it would give your avatar's life a stronger meaning.

What you think?

I disagree, have you ever died when your team was out of reinforcements and you've had to sit there for like 5 mins? well this would be happening a lot, especially to the new players which would not make RO more friendly to new players, personal amount of respawns is a bad idea.

i think that the score board needs a serious makeover, when you open it all sscores should not be there plus you shouldn't be able to see the opposing team's weapons . So all you'd be able to see when you press f1 would be the enemy team's player names and your teams names and weapons. (which is much more realistic.)

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
People wont camp becuase they will lose....
yup, that's the beauty of this game

However I think teamwork has to be forced some more....way too many people are still ramboing out there and getting killed for no reason. Maybe this implementation will help.

As for respawn, that needs to be worked on too to prevent people from needlessly sacrificing their lives knowing that their is just a mere respawn. A punishment system needs to be instilled.

Upvote 0
takadi said:
yup, that's the beauty of this game

However I think teamwork has to be forced some more....way too many people are still ramboing out there and getting killed for no reason. Maybe this implementation will help.

As for respawn, that needs to be worked on too to prevent people from needlessly sacrificing their lives knowing that their is just a mere respawn. A punishment system needs to be instilled.

what if when your dead you lose the weapon class and it goes back into the pool, and lets other people who have slower computers a chance to get the rare weapons too.

also all these suggestions could be put in as server options instead of force on.

Upvote 0
default said:
Not sure of this has been posted before, but i was thinking it MIGHT be a good idea to put how many deaths you've had. But only so that you can see it, which hopefully wont cause a competition to get the best K : D ratio.

Personally, it doesn't bother me if it's there or not, just thought it might help to see how your doing.

Whats everyones opinion of this?

Discuss :D

Hell no, I hate to see my deathcount. In RO:O its really easy to die and really difficult to hit something if you don't wanna spent all the time in the same dark corner waiting for Krauts / Ivans. And I am a damn campy player, even more than in German Front Mod.

Heck with it, if there was any way to remove it from German Front Mod, it wouldn't be there allready. There is no need to see how often you've got killed.

Upvote 0