• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Driver and Gunner share the scores!

Drude said:
Well, I enjoy the gunner kills in driver position even I wouldn't have score from it (at least when the gunner is friend/squadmate etc.)
But what about a stranger be your gunner?

Yestoday, when I entered a tank as gunner, the driver in it shout: "Get out!"
I think he must be the ones who don't like to be an unrewarded driver.

Upvote 0
-=KnIfE=- said:
yeah, guys, currently the driver scores points when either the gunner or machinegunner score points...

eg. gunner kills an enemy tank with 2 crew. gunner receives 2 points, driver receives 2 points.

another eg. Machinegunner kills 3 infantry men. MGer receives 3 points, driver receives 3 points.

it is already in ;)

-=KnIfE=-
Is that? Why didn't I notice? I just found myself earning nothing as a driver. Does the enemy killed have to be a 2 crewed tank rather than 1 manned? Or do the infantries killed have to be as many as 3?

Upvote 0
HSCN-II-gd1944 said:
Is that? Why didn't I notice? I just found myself earning nothing as a driver. Does the enemy killed have to be a 2 crewed tank rather than 1 manned? Or do the infantries killed have to be as many as 3?

of course not.

ever point either the gunner of MGer gets, the driver gets too. and I have no idea why you aren't seeing yourself get points.

I was driving a fully manned tank (of complete strangers) for an entire round on bondarevo. By the end of the round my gunner had 67 points, my machinegunner had 28 points and I had 95 points.

We stuck together for the entire map and I never switched from driving. Angling to keep your tank and crew alive, hearing the shells bouncing off of you all the time, and hearing your gunner firing, followed by a distant explosion is far more satisfying than earning points IMO anyway.

-=KnIfE=-

Upvote 0
Cluase Von Wittybrain said:
Points are important.

It shows that you are the front and in the hotspots..not about kills. ..cause that is where the points are at objectives.

Well, there are differing views on that tbh.

I think points should be removed completely to promote teamwork. If the only guage for how well you and your team is doing is the objectives you have captured, not the points you have accumlated, then people would be more driven to help capture objectives, not sit around and earn points in other ways.

-=KnIfE=-

Upvote 0
-=KnIfE=- said:
Well, there are differing views on that tbh.

I think points should be removed completely to promote teamwork. If the only guage for how well you and your team is doing is the objectives you have captured, not the points you have accumlated, then people would be more driven to help capture objectives, not sit around and earn points in other ways.

-=KnIfE=-

agreed. I would love to see points gone, and at the end of the round medals are awarded to the top players for capturing objectives, kill etc.

The good thing about this game tho, is its difficult to get top of the scoreboard on points alone as you can get 10pts for a capture, only onl 1 pt for a kill.

As for the driver getting points...the tank crew is a TEAM, they should ALL get points for anything they do. This aint BF2!

Upvote 0
-=KnIfE=- said:
of course not.

ever point either the gunner of MGer gets, the driver gets too. and I have no idea why you aren't seeing yourself get points.

I was driving a fully manned tank (of complete strangers) for an entire round on bondarevo. By the end of the round my gunner had 67 points, my machinegunner had 28 points and I had 95 points.

We stuck together for the entire map and I never switched from driving. Angling to keep your tank and crew alive, hearing the shells bouncing off of you all the time, and hearing your gunner firing, followed by a distant explosion is far more satisfying than earning points IMO anyway.

-=KnIfE=-
Sorry, it was my mistake not to notice it. I've just tried in game, you are right.

Upvote 0
I like using the tanks in the mod (Retail not out in UK yet) & have prefered manning the tank by myself.

I have always ended up with the twit that as you are driving to get into an ambush position they are constantly firing the machine guns & cannon thus giving you position away detracting from the enjoyment of tank tactics.

It is nice to know that being the driver will have some benefits on the points front, We just need to educate some of the newer player about the tactics of the game in my opinion.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
agreed. I would love to see points gone, and at the end of the round medals are awarded to the top players for capturing objectives, kill etc.

The good thing about this game tho, is its difficult to get top of the scoreboard on points alone as you can get 10pts for a capture, only onl 1 pt for a kill.

Agreed. The only points I care about are the team points (winning a round), all individual points are useless - medals would be much better!

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
agreed. I would love to see points gone, and at the end of the round medals are awarded

I'm liking this idea!

I have to say that some of the best fun I've ever had in RO is when someone takes leadership and rallies the men into a cohesive unit. I play sniper whenever I get the chance but with some leaders they've managed to make good use of even me by asking me to double my duties as recon. Whatever intel I give gets back to the team and we can react faster to events in-game. Things like that are tough to score and by the end of the game, players doesn't get points for that kind of leadership, I don't get points for recon, and so far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong), I don't get extra points for killing an officer and ending an artillery strike.

Medals on the other hand would satisfy players for their efforts and keep the awarding of points relevant to the game genre.
I think there may be an interesting way to go about awarding medals. Perhaps it could be a combination of objective and kill based scores. At the end of the match, the highest ranking players would be up for votes for most valuable soldier, adding the human factor into the mix.

Anyway, great idea, you Dirty Rat!

Upvote 0
Yes, that's another thought immutablyme, althought it would be hard to give out medals based on what is said on VoIP etc. About the points, I think you get 3 points for killing a commander (both tank and infantry), and killing your own teams commander gives you -6 points. Found that out after I was forced to kill our commandes since he was AFK in the stairway so we couldn't go up the stairs...hate those people that go AFK when they are a special rank.

Upvote 0