• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wanted to buy the game through Steam for another person but lost my account...

RCAF_Mac

Mar 13, 2006
.......sigh.

I have a freind that is low in cash si I figured I'd buy him the game through Steam. I asked him to give me his login information and I'll log in as him, buy the game, then tell him to login and start downloading it. Sounds pretty ....simple huh? Nope.

The transaction went through so I logged out and tried to log into my account with RO on it. I could not. Says my password is incorrect...so fine I changed it.

But now my account name is different. Instead of my RCAF_Mac account it is rcaf_mAC. Checked my games list and there is no games in there any more.

My freind just told me he is downloading the game right now.

I lost all mine...what do I do. The game is on my computer. My login name has changed..now what?

Thanks for any help.

Very Frustrated

Mac

RCAF_Mac said:
.......sigh.

I have a freind that is low in cash si I figured I'd buy him the game through Steam. I asked him to give me his login information and I'll log in as him, buy the game, then tell him to login and start downloading it. Sounds pretty ....simple huh? Nope.

The transaction went through so I logged out and tried to log into my account with RO on it. I could not. Says my password is incorrect...so fine I changed it.

But now my account name is different. Instead of my RCAF_Mac account it is rcaf_mAC. Checked my games list and there is no games in there any more

My freind just told me he is downloading the game right now.

I lost all mine...what do I do. The game is on my computer. My login name has changed..now what?

Thanks for any help.

Very Frustrated

Mac
Contact steam for their support.

Is that even "legal" in their contracts to buy for another person.

Upvote 0
Crisis Averted

Crisis Averted

Now this is strange....My account was RCAF_Mac and now I looked into my Steam folder and it is another name....logged in with that name and everything is there.

It's like it activated a new account on me without me even knowing about it. And all I did was change a password.

Buying for somebody else: Makes sense if a freind give you his login info, buy the game"game saves to his online account", then tell him to login and download. Perfectly legit. Shouldn't see a problem with it. It worked anyways.

Man that was strange and scary.

~S!

Upvote 0
~s!

~s!

Well since this was on a "different" account then everybody should be happy. :)

Hope I had more credit or I'd buy everybody in the Netherleands a copy of RO:O.

Well doesn't this make sense?: If I were a father,not that I know of :p , of three kids and they had seperate accounts and I take my credit card and go into each account and purchase this game for them for Christmas. One credit card number on each account.

This would equal more money for RO Devs = smile.

Anyhoo...anybody got that rule that nobody can buy the same game on a "different" account with the same credit card? Seriously having trouble finding it.

Upvote 0