• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Populate the briefing screen on next release?

YankeeDoodle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Would it be possible to populate the briefing screen in the next patch for each map with a little historical context--like the date and location of the battle, which units participated, who won, etc.

If the yoots of America are going to be playing video games, can't hurt if they learn a little something at the same time.

I think is should just be the overview map thats already in, with a enlarged syllabus. Sometimes I run into people who have NO IDEA where they are supposed to go or what the objectives are. Of course there should also big red letters at the top stating, "THE TOP OF THE MAP IS NORTH!" ;). People say attack left or need help at right, WTF DOES THAT MEAN! :confused:

Upvote 0
Good thing I decided to check for existing threads before making another...

Essentially, I think the load screens could use an overhaul, with things such as:

Preview image of the map: while when you got to pick a map in say, practice, you can see what the map looks like, players who do nothing but play online don't know what they're getting in to. They could see a snowy combined arms picture and end up playing at Odessa. I'd like to see a map-specific image for the load screens.

Load bars -- just so you can keep track of how much is left to go, or to see that the game is indeed still running and hasn't frozen up.

A small briefing, with either a description of the map with the objectives and/or a description of the historical battle.

Upvote 0
EvilHobo said:
Good thing I decided to check for existing threads before making another...

Essentially, I think the load screens could use an overhaul, with things such as:

Preview image of the map: while when you got to pick a map in say, practice, you can see what the map looks like, players who do nothing but play online don't know what they're getting in to. They could see a snowy combined arms picture and end up playing at Odessa. I'd like to see a map-specific image for the load screens.

Load bars -- just so you can keep track of how much is left to go, or to see that the game is indeed still running and hasn't frozen up.

A small briefing, with either a description of the map with the objectives and/or a description of the historical battle.

A second this idea(s)

Upvote 0