• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Randomly exits server to menu

Hmm logicaly, "Modem" setting dc's me the most, ISDN does it slightly less ofton, and ADSL less ofton more so - none of which fix the problem entirly. T1/LAN appears to not disconnect me at all, (touch wood), this could be the soloution to my prediciment, however prehaps not everyones as somepeople have luck with the ISDN setting.

Upvote 0
problem solved for me

problem solved for me

Since i've baught this game i couldn't play, for the same reason, it return immediatly after loading to the main menu
i tried lots of things without any success
i've a router bewan and i find the solution for me : deactivate the router firewall
this is not a problem for me because i have a software firewall, but maybe it should be juste one or two option from the router firewall but i didn't try in details for now
but since i've done that the problem is totally solved
(in my router configuration it seems to be somes of limitations likes ports blocking when it receive x UDP packet at the same time or somethings like that)
hope it could solve your problem too

bye and good luck

(sorry my english isn't perfect, i apoligize but .. i'm french :eek: )

Upvote 0
For those of you with Linksys routers, this comes from the Valve Technical Support page ( a generic fits all page apparently)....
"[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Some additional things to try to check for problems:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Bypass your router especially if it's a wireless router and plug directly into your modem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Wireless routers can also cause a second or two of lag every minute or two, this is cause actually by the XP "Wireless Zero" service which you should disable before you play games.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Linksys Routers have a known problem with the current firmware, you need to run an older firmware version or you'll have connection problems."[/FONT]

url =: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=80&p_created=1092609531&p_sid=2ixrU73i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yNzUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Upvote 0
Any update on this? I'm still having problems with my game doing this also.

Asus p4c800e motherboard
p4 HT 2.8ghz processer
ATI Radeon x800 256MB Video Card
1GB Corsair PC4200
2x 200GB 7200rpm SATA Western Digital HDD
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Sound Card
Windows XP Pro SP 2

Insight Digital Broadband Cable
Linksys Wireless Router - wired into it.

My only alternative with the router is to put my computer in the DMZ... as I've got 7 other PC's wired into the internet connection.

I tried to switch my setting to ISDN and I turned off the 'Dynamic' toggle... but I'm still getting kicked to the game's main menu...

This is really annoying and I'm hoping that there is a fix for it... :(

Upvote 0
Well I just started up my new computer.
AMD 64 processor
G-force 6600
1 gig ram
motherboard
power supply
case

After about 20 minutes of playing (with much improved graphics) I got kicked back to the main menu like before.
The only things that are the same from my old computer is the router Linksys and the cable connection Adelphia. So my next thing is to go buy a new router, which will not be for another month because I spent my money on the newer rig.

Upvote 0