• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Options are important

Options are important

• Good idea.

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I don't know/care.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other: explain as clearly as possible what/why

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rrralphster

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Nederland
Hi people,

I keep reading many closedminded posts from people who are very much against anything that is different from the game like it is now.

I would like to suggest to get as many options in playstyle/gametypes etc. in the game. But keeping realism in mind.
Options means you don't have to play it. If you think a server doesn't have the right gametype for you, just switch to another server.
You allready have the option to switch servers when a map is getting loaded which you don't like. People don't cry or whine when such an event occurs.

Having options means to have more choice
More choice means that theoretically more people can enjoy the game
More people who enjoy/buy the game means more support

Plain logic mr Gr

Xendance said:
Options? You are saying that this game needs differend gametypes? Well that depends on a map.
I think he means more options to the game in general, Ie a server admin can change his server to what he enjoys, for instance he could want more than 1 sniper per map,or take snipers off altogether, or to change the amount of time before a tank respawns and how many of each tank there are on each map.

But I dont think this game would suit having options to that extent(except maybe on the tank respawn) as this game tries to be realisitic(and from what Ive heard it is realistic) and having 16 snipers v 16 snipers would defeat the entire point of the game.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
Hi people,

I keep reading many closedminded posts from people who are very much against anything that is different from the game like it is now.

I would like to suggest to get as many options in playstyle/gametypes etc. in the game. But keeping realism in mind.
Options means you don't have to play it. If you think a server doesn't have the right gametype for you, just switch to another server.
You allready have the option to switch servers when a map is getting loaded which you don't like. People don't cry or whine when such an event occurs.

Having options means to have more choice
More choice means that theoretically more people can enjoy the game
More people who enjoy/buy the game means more support

I keep reading so many ideas to add this or that to game from people playing this for 1 week... I do not want to underestimate you BUT why you just do not create some "option" and share it with us... every body who wants to change something in game just say: "I WANT some change in game! SOMEBODY do it for me"... I never read so far "I do not like this and that so I have created mod/mutator - lets play it at server x.x.x.x."

Upvote 0
The game made it all the way to retail based on the one gametype. I don't see any logical reason why it suddenly needs a dozen different gametypes just to keep those with limited attention spans happy.

It doesn't need S&D. It's not designed for it, and there has been successful clan gaming without it for quite some time.

I've been in a vCoD clan, and S&D clan matches don't measure up to RO's basic tactical game.

Leaders don't imitate, they innovate.

You want options? Make you're own mutator/mod and run a server with it. Vanilla RO is what got me hooked in the first place and it's what I'll always come back to.

Upvote 0
MILK said:
I never read so far "I do not like this and that so I have created mod/mutator - lets play it at server x.x.x.x."

I have no idea how long you are around, but have you got any idea how the following mutators were created ?

* Anti-TK mutator
* LLSAH realism mutator (spell-error included)
* reserved spots mutator

I do :D
They were created by players who wanted to change certain game-aspects.

I do support more freedom for serveradmins, but then as a design decision made by tripwire. Freedom and diversity , the magic words.

Monk.

Upvote 0
:eek:
Monkwarrior said:
I have no idea how long you are around, but have you got any idea how the following mutators were created ?

* Anti-TK mutator
* reserved spots mutator

I do support more freedom for serveradmins, but then as a design decision made by tripwire. Freedom and diversity , the magic words.

Monk.

and the magic words are what.... ffs
i can feel the flames lapping around our ears....especially my ears if a admin sees this comment:) and my past posts to-day ooooooppps im running for cover....:eek: incoming....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Monkwarrior said:

* Anti-TK mutator
* reserved spots mutator

Monk.

They don't fundamentally change the game though.

Upvote 0
Monkwarrior said:

* Anti-TK mutator
* reserved spots mutator

Monk.

well I thought if I should mention it... but I have to... We are talking about RO:O not RO:CA(mod)

... and I think that TK mutator and slot-reservation does not change the game at all... LLSAH just add little features like some model skins and weapon jaming, grenade limit... but NOT different game type...

I am realy looking forward some mutators to RO:O but so far only flamers and crying people posting something about closeminded posts ... only complaints and no creativity...

Upvote 0
MILK said:
well I thought if I should mention it... but I have to... We are talking about RO:O not RO:CA(mod)

... and I think that TK mutator and slot-reservation does not change the game at all... LLSAH just add little features like some model skins and weapon jaming, grenade limit... but NOT different game type...

I am realy looking forward some mutators to RO:O but so far only flamers and crying people posting something about closeminded posts ... only complaints and no creativity...

Saying people are closedminded is just an observation. And a realistic one. It's not crying or flaming.
Insinuating that it is crying or flaming is flaming and crying and closedmindedness.
It's not a complaint either. It is creativity to be able to do other stuff as well. It is thinking about what can be done
Crying about "make your own mod/mutator" is closemindedness. Not allowing people to have new idea's because they can't make/create such a thing. Progress would stagnate if that was the normal way of living.
Some people are thinkers others are creators. Where would the creators be if they didn't get motivation and inspiration from thinkers?

I think maybe people didn't read my motivations correctly
Options = Choice
No options or not enough options = Limitation

If you would change things like ballistics, class restrictions as in allowing unlimited <enter

Upvote 0
pff if you dont like it then go play something else!
the game is great the way it is, it doesnt need to be changed, im not waiting for bombing run or whatever the **** you have in mind.
go play CS or something, you have different objectives there.
war is about taking control of area's, so let it the way it is.
the classes are balanced, and i love it. dont touch it.
as far as tanks go, i dont care **** about vehicles in the game, im an infantry purist. but this is balanced also.
longer spawntimes for tanks dont work, since if you die, crew with pistols will have to wait since they are useless any other way, and are only good in a tank.

Upvote 0