• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kicking Out of Tanks

Nightmare

Mar 18, 2006
This game is oriented for teamwork -- understandable.

But let's face it, in a pub not everyone is smarter than the average bear. I usually like to tank alone or with a clanmate (I can trust them). When I spawn and want to get a tank, the most frustrating thing is when another person hops in and won't get out even after I have asked them nicely.

Tanks should be first come, first serve. The driver should have the ability to boot people out of his tank whenever he pleases. This also cuts down on the griefing some people do.

I don't mind grouping in tanks with smart people, don't think I am just a lone wolf here. I prefer grouping in tanks, it's smarter. But I would rather not be handicap'd by some idiot who doesn't know the first thing about strategy, hull down positions, critical areas on a tank to hit and just plain common sense.

So please, implement a ability that allows tank drivers to boot people out of tanks.

In BF1942 this wasn't an issue because the only other person who could get on the tank was the extra mg person, and he was expendable and had no real impact on the performance of the tank. In this game though, it actually requires real teamwork to actually make a tank efficient. So I personally agree with your concerns, I think whoever got to the tank first should be sort of like the "captain" of the tank, and should have the ability to kick someone out of the tank if they are being an a-hole. I'm not sure how this would be used without abuse to the system, but it could be implemented in some way.

Upvote 0
Yeah because this idea would never ever ever ever be abused to hell and back, would it? :rolleyes:

And like someone said, whats to stop you getting your butt booted out constantly as well? No thanks. If someone that terrible jumps in "your" tank, get out and let them take over - they will be dead within minutes anyway.

Besides, if the server is full of people that crap with tanks - grab a PF or Satchel and take the enemy ones to school :D

Upvote 0
I understand why you don't want beginners in your tank, but I don't like the ability to kick people out. Nor do I like when people tell me "get out of the tank!" when I jump into the commanders slot; I consider myself a fairly skilled tanker: I'm pretty good at angling, keeping vital spots hidden, flanking enemy tanks, calling out enemy tanks, aiming for vital spots, hitting moving targets and adjusting elevation.

And there's nothing I like more about RO when there's good communication between commander and driver, and if the tank gets taken out, I have no problem about switching to driver/commander if the other part wants this role.

Now, if I jumped into your tank, all you'd see is "random person entered your tank". You have no way to know my skill without actually trying a run with me. I've met many nice tankers this way, TheCaptain and Horzeg...(gah-forgot-rest-of-his-name, sorry!) most of which I've added to my friends list, making easy for me to find them if I want some high quality tanking.

But, if it turns out that the person that jumped into your tank did alot of mistakes and got you killed - give him/her some hints! If it seems like they're listening, try another run with them.

Example: I was playing on Bondarevo, and I jumped into another persons T60. He had no qualms about me joining in on the action. However, he just drove us out in the absolute middle, and stopped us as soon as he saw a tank at the West farm, expecting me to take a shot. Which really isn't possible with a T60 over that distance. We got promptly taken out.

He apologized about us being taken out so easily, so I gave him some pointers: "try to avoid open areas, especially with the lightly armored T60", "the T60 is more of a close range vehicle, try to get close to them". When we respawned, I took the drivers spot to show him an example of how it could be done. We flanked a tank, and a managed to take it out, but then got taken out by tank suddenly emerging on a hill behind us.

Well, the point is, the guy probaly learned something of this, and probaly made his experience more worthwhile. And it might also create a skilled tanker for me to play with in the future! Plus, it didn't cost me much extra energy.

Now, I understand there are people who just won't listen to anything you say, and there's no reason to waste any time on them, sadly. Just avoid them when it comes to picking your tank. But some people actually want to team play, but hasn't got the abilities quite yet. And it's hard to acquire good team play abilites if people kick you out of your tank all the time.

(some words hightlighted to make them stand out in this mass of text, sorry 'bout the lenght!)

Upvote 0
Good advice there Doktor. Booting tankers should not be allowed, the whole point of tanks is teamwork and anyone who thinks they are gods gift to tanking playing solo is just plain foolish. I always make a point of waiting a few more seconds than others in the tank spawn area in case anyone wants to jump aboard (sadly few ever do). If I end up with an inexperienced driver or gunner I always use voice commands to guide them during combat and call out targets/directions or tank movement. Encouraging others to learn is always the best way forward.

Upvote 0
dont be so bloody anti social if your so good in a tank that you feel you can kick people out, why dont pass on your knowledge and tips to unexprienced players. Remember this is a game first and foremost, its not a bloody competition please review your atitude this is not the sort of behavior that should be tolerated.

Upvote 0
some players need to understand that an ww2 tank must stop to shoot..
on many servers they drive around..and never stop..BOOM the tank is gone..

no support to u own infantery....:D

newbies should take it easy and learn the maps..take cover behind someting..
or read some tank tactics...

just watch and learn..no run..and...gun..9 times of 10 the better tankcrew shoots UUU..:)

most fun is to see newbies shoot at the tankwrecks at the map..done it...:D

Upvote 0
What a retarded suggestion. How are you supposed to know how good the commander or driver is before you get a run with him? Most of the people on publics I've been using the tanks with have at least understood the very basics of the tank combat. If the co-operator is bad, bail out. That's what I do.

Go back to BF1942, I don't want your kind on the servers.

Upvote 0
Polska/66 said:
I've yet to have a good experience sharing a tank with a random person on a pub server. And I've been playing the game for two years. If I'm first in the tank I'll drive it into a wall or house or whatever and sit there until they get out on their own accord.

Well thats pretty much the same selfish attitude as the first poster now isn't it !! If you have issues with your gunner/driver use the voice command keys (if they won't respond to comms). Some people are just shy and won't talk or don't know the controls yet. But everyone can read the voice commands on screen and I find people respond well to them.

A little less selfishness replaced by polite advice will go a long way.

Upvote 0