• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

poll on ZA users

poll on ZA users

• Total voters
This is BAD I hope the fix come out soon - I have turned ZA off and my system reboots which makes me MAD esp when at this point you guys have my money and I have nothing... some testing would have been nice.... or how about a status page instead of "we are working on it.."

I wonder if I can get a refund... something I doubt.:mad:

Upvote 0
I have ZA Free version and get the BSOD every time I try to run the game.

Hell Im torn between loading a different Firewall and saying (as many have already done) NO, ZA works for everything else so why uninstall what is probably one of the WORLDS most popular firewalls because RO causes it to BSOD my computer.

Having written the odd bit of software in the past I can understand it takes a while to sort these things out, especially when (if I have read correctly) another company (Zone Alarm) appears to be at fault.

I hadn't registered on this forum until I saw this poll, deciding to bide my time & wait for a fix (Im really enjoying the BF2 Euro force mod so who cares if RO doesn't work just yet) HOWEVER.... This poll, in my humble opinion, SHOULD bring the problem to the fore.... So all of you unregistered people browsing this thread, get registered & VOTE! I enjoyed the UT2K4 Mod version and I am sure I will enjoy this one (AND there should be a LOT more people on the servers hopefully ... one thing that killed the mod version for me!)

Without any knowledge of user numbers I am still relatively sure there are A LOT of people out there unable to run RO because of this problem.

Another thing that greatly anoys me .. OH gawd I'm on one now! .. Is the number of posts from people who OBVIOUSLY havent read what is already in this forum, or for whatever reason just want to have a whinge!

The Devs, in conjunction with the people at Zone Alarm ARE looking at the problem. If you have bought this product from Steam/Valve I doubt very much that you will get a refund (even if the product at the moment is "not fit for purpose")

Certaily I KNOW that once I get to run this promising looking game, IF I get any troubles this forum WILL provide me with a good start to fixing any further problems (GOD PLEASE NO MORE PROBS!) There are some very helpful members and a Dev team that WANT to help.... Give em a chance FFS!

So ... its simple.... Register, vote & show the magnitude of the problem. Dont whinge, try to help people that are trying to help you and soon you will be able to play :)

Upvote 0
Xendance said:
ZA is known to be one of the worst firewalls in the world. It does it job but it doesn't do it well. Hell, ZA even had spyware in it.

Where did you get your information from?

ZoneAlarm has been consistently found to be one of (if not the most) effective off-the-shelf software firewalls on the market. Try an audit if you don't believe me.

There are people genuinely confused about their firewall issues at the moment and unsubstantiated nonsense like that helps no-one.

Upvote 0
milky_jo said:
Where did you get your information from?

ZoneAlarm has been consistently found to be one of (if not the most) effective off-the-shelf software firewalls on the market. Try an audit if you don't believe me.

There are people genuinely confused about their firewall issues at the moment and unsubstantiated nonsense like that helps no-one.

Well I'm not gonna try it because it obviously doesn't work. And that spyware thing could be hoax because I read it from the Inquirer website.

Imho Sygate is the best one. Though, it's not free anymore. Nowadays I recommend Kerio for everyone.

May I ask, if you downloaded it for free, why can't you change it for another free firewall?

Upvote 0
Not only does Zone Alarm crashes Ro, it fails to reinstall after playing the game. Windows firewall isn't sufficient because it doesn't give outbound protection. So I went with Outpost firewall. It works fine with allowing Red Orchestra outbound permissions without having to compromise your system security.

Upvote 0
glenz said:
Windows firewall isn't sufficient because it doesn't give outbound protection. So I went with Outpost firewall. It works fine with allowing Red Orchestra outbound permissions without having to compromise your system security.
Or then again you could get SP2 and then the windows firewall is nearly as good as many of the free firewalls avaliable.

Upvote 0