• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone planned to make a mod for this game that has

I'd love to see US vs Japanese in the Pacific. Small unit actions, tanks non existent or relatively small and marginal. That would fit this game design fine, though representing foliage (for jungle fights) leaves something to be desired. Still, there were many non jungle battles in the Pacific as well.

North Africa would work fine in this engine too.

Oleg

Upvote 0
Why is the western front boring? I love the American weapons of WWII. The Thompson sub machine gun was an excellent SMG and the M1 Garand was way better to have than any Kar98k. The Browning .30 cal MG wasn't as good as an MG42, but it was still a good MG. The Springfield was an amazing sniper. I just plain love the American weapons of WWII. Seeing some British weapons would be great too. The Lee-Enfield was considered the best bolt-action rifle of all time, and carried 10 rounds instead of 5. the Bren was a great LMG, and the Sten wasn't too different from the MP40.

Upvote 0
Why is it boring you ask? Only because you can play it in EVERY SINGLE WW2 GAME EVER MADE, with the exception of about 2. Very very few games let you even play as the germans in single player. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and I would love to play as an Italian vs British in North Africa, or as a Japanese soldier against Australians and commonwealths, or even a game set in Italy.

I've invaded Normandy so many times that I think if I could go back into the past to fight on June 6, I wouldn't break a sweat.

Upvote 0
Yes it has been used, but by unrealistic games like COD2 and MOH, as well as DOD and games like that. I would love to see a realistic version of the western front. An M1 Garand would be so much fun to fire in an RO style game. Playing all those games where the M1 Garand sucks and the K98k owns is dumb. I would love to see a game where the 2 were equal in strengh or close to it, unlike DODS and COD2 and suck.

Upvote 0