• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Friendlys on Map

retrofly

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Hi
Its so hard to know where your team are, even using the VOIP thingy its hard to coordinate an attack with a group of people, and the ammount of Tk's I see becuase people are lobbing nades over walls is silly.

Also you need to show where friendly satchels are, im a sapper alot of the time and eveytime I put one down, wether to kill a tank or blast open a door some numpty always stands on it, normaly resulting in multiple kicks.

Its not their fault if they didnt see you plant the satchel how do they know where it is.

I know this games going for realism, but showing friendlys on the map would greatly improve team play. Which I think this game should prmote more, not realism.

luke

Yeah back in ole' ww2 I had me one of thoes magical maps that showed me where all my comrades were, good thing the Germans didnt develop magical maps like we did or the war may have turned out differently!

Other WW2 games put teamplay at the top of th ladder with icons and such.... RO:O promotes teamplay but only to the extent that REAL warfar allows...yes! that means the just like in real life you gotta talk and LISTEN to people talking to you, to coordinate an attack, not run around silent with you map on following people...

Upvote 0
I agree with the others. Those things are far from realistic. With good VOIP you will know where your team are, and if any satchel has been planted. I mean VOIP is not that realistic if not used "local", but I think that's needed for the game play, "magical maps" (loved that description) however is as far from realism as you can get. Learn to use VOIP and to get your team to use it, I've seen alot of servers where this have worked perfectly

Upvote 0
retrofly said:
Hi
Its so hard to know where your team are, even using the VOIP thingy its hard to coordinate an attack with a group of people, and the ammount of Tk's I see becuase people are lobbing nades over walls is silly.

Also you need to show where friendly satchels are, im a sapper alot of the time and eveytime I put one down, wether to kill a tank or blast open a door some numpty always stands on it, normaly resulting in multiple kicks.

Its not their fault if they didnt see you plant the satchel how do they know where it is.

I know this games going for realism, but showing friendlys on the map would greatly improve team play. Which I think this game should prmote more, not realism.

luke

I actually agree i've brought this up before but i'd like to see it tried first on a trial basis on some servers, i dont think anyone can disagree to an expriment just for a week or two on one or two servers i'll agree voip is perfect when its used but often people dont and sometimes because of an accent you dont know what their saying.

Upvote 0
Hi
Hmm sensing a little hostility.

I do use the VOIP infact on some servers im the only one talking, does anyone take notice no, does anyone dive for cover when I shout nade no!, does anyone one stop shooting me when I say im a friendly NO!

If people played the game right then maybe there would be no need for "magical maps".

Luke

Upvote 0
hMM I think this is just an issue with the VOIP not the lack of a magical map, lol.

What if they could design a mic or VOIP program where voice volume actually translates to the volume in the game? Like shouts would be loud with echoes, there would be whispers, etc. That would make it so much easier in terms of communications. But of course you could always use your radio if they are too far away to hear you.

But i think they definitely need to do something with the range of volume of the voice commands. People could say ENEMY AHEAD and you would get all scared, but it ends up they are on the other side of the map.

I think we need to see that since we took out some features to make it more "realistic" we have to implement more realistic features to balance that and make it flow in the game.

Upvote 0
I actually think it should put a dot on your compass in the direction of people that call for backup or ammo etc. Since the game is unrealistic enough to give a detailed description of a players location when they teamchat, this woulden't hurt.

I read somewhere the game does this for objectives but i'm yet to see anything but a boringly static rotating compass.

I don't get you guys, You are all against helpful things to teamplay because it may not be realistic, but theres loads of stuff in the game that make it worth playing already that's not realistic, Death messages are usefull, cap bars and voice commands that can be heard from anywhere on the map, Hell i'd even like to see a small icon appear over the head of an MG thats requested ammo as well as have an icon pop up magically on the map.

All the realism in the world is fantastic but unrealistic features that are HELPFULL and do not comprimise gameplay are VERY good things indeed. Stop shooting your selves in the foot !

Upvote 0