• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO critical error

same

Redorchestra.ini and users.ini are empty. Is that normal (precision: the game has never passed the splash screen (the picture of RO introducing the launching of the game) so taht no files has been filled up?)

If this is not normal could it be possible to paste the content of these files so that i can add it manually on them?

tx

Last edited:
Upvote 0
unclejimbo827 said:
Where in the steam folder?

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps

DethMega, I have info in both my Redorchestra.ini and User.ini even though I've never gotten the game to launch so you should have game info in there. If they're empty, delete them and try to launch again. They should get recreated.

(I've deleted mine and they re-appear when I try to launch)

Upvote 0
I have, too. I've uninstalled ZA. Deleted the game content. Re-downloaded the game. Still No Video.

I suspect the workaround where you go into your Redorchestra.ini file and change the Engine.Engine to OpenGL may only work if the game recognizes your video card.

If you get an error where it says
Code:
Video: No Video
, nothing yet will work.

Not sure why it is not recognizing the video card/driver.

Upvote 0
Remark

Remark

Good Question. Just check the forums, with all these errors!!! It is impossible that this was beta tested. If it was, they got ignant, not ignorant, but ignant, stupid, incompetent sinile testers.

I got the video problem solved and have played about 6 hrs of the game.

Now I have a new problem, the game freezes at main menu. I literally have to turn the power off to be able to use my computer again (ctrl+alt+del doesn't even work).

This is "criminal". They knew what they were putting out but didn't give a ........... They wanted that money. Anybody want to join me in protesting this extortion?????/

Upvote 0
Guys,

Please keep this civil and don't be silly. Over 1000 poeple beta tested this game and did not have these problems. Noone is out to extort money here. When any PC Software is released to the masses, problems are found that were not seen in testing. It is the nature of the beast. Even with 1000 poeple beta testing, when the game goes out to a broad audience you have a much larger group of poeple, with a much wider variation of hardware and driver configurations.

I understand that you are frustrated that your game won't run. We will do everything in our power to investigate and fix the problems poeple have. But any fix and investigation will take TIME. Even if we find the problem and a code fix is made tommorow, we still have to do extensive testing to make sure the fix doesn't break anything else. I know you don't want to hear this, but you have to be patient, and the fixes WILL roll out.

Upvote 0
But I don't understand how you could possibly miss such an enormous bug! It's not like I or anyone else here have some crazy, obscure rig nobody else in the world has; if you look at the error logs, the problem is spread across all sorts of systems, all with different hardware configurations, from the low end to the high. I find it hard to believe that nobody involved in the beta testing had any sort of configuration even resembling our systems, or at least a system that replicates this bug; and if so, then the beta testing obviously should have included a wider range of consumers, yes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have already said as much while in irc,I wouldnt be at all surprised if the first patch doesnt fix all of are problems.I am fully expecting to install the first patch and the 'no video' error still popping up on start up.While I understand the difficulty in developing games and software,I have to agree with others here about the errors we are having.This game has more errors and for more people than any other I have bought in the past....and its not like they are small errors either.Its hard to have any sympathy for tripwire when something I have payed them for doesnt work,and it doesnt work because they didnt test it well enough.If other developers can get it right,why couldnt they?If I am expecting to much then tough,I am the consumer with the cash in my pocket....and I am always right!

Upvote 0
pollizzilemaster said:
I got the video problem solved and have played about 6 hrs of the game.

Glad to hear you got your problem sorted mate. I get a video error when I try and start the game. My PC reboots and then Windows recovers from a serious problem. It says that there is an error with a video device driver - was that similar to you? I don't get the blue screen of death tho!!

Upvote 0
I just got this problem... I played with OpenGL for a time when a friend of mine thought it would be funny to change it to something else:mad: ... so now thanks to him i get this error:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3595 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!
History: UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package None) <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Sound None..Headshot NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (CinematicPlayer) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame, Function Engine.GameInfo.Login) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free

Is what i get... have now tried everything listed here etc... hope the RO team will fix this shortly...

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
Guys,

Please keep this civil and don't be silly. Over 1000 poeple beta tested this game and did not have these problems. Noone is out to extort money here. When any PC Software is released to the masses, problems are found that were not seen in testing. It is the nature of the beast. Even with 1000 poeple beta testing, when the game goes out to a broad audience you have a much larger group of poeple, with a much wider variation of hardware and driver configurations.

I understand that you are frustrated that your game won't run. We will do everything in our power to investigate and fix the problems poeple have. But any fix and investigation will take TIME. Even if we find the problem and a code fix is made tommorow, we still have to do extensive testing to make sure the fix doesn't break anything else. I know you don't want to hear this, but you have to be patient, and the fixes WILL roll out.

I understand devs cant be aware of 100% of the problems people could encounter even after a beta test period. But i never saw such a disaster just after having released a game. I suppose you never expected to launch such a unfinished game, but the fact is that this game is plagued by an unbelievable amount of problems for an unbelievable amount of people.

Now i think the most important thing people encountering probs are waiting for is COMMUNICATION. Especially on internet, lack of communication when in a situation of problem can be insanely frustrating. So if i may suggest one thing is to be really attentive and communicative in the next few days, and later.

Listening devs are the most efficient soution for this kind of situation. People need to know that something is working out for fixing their problems.

Upvote 0
DethMega said:
same

Redorchestra.ini and users.ini are empty. Is that normal (precision: the game has never passed the splash screen (the picture of RO introducing the launching of the game) so taht no files has been filled up?)

If this is not normal could it be possible to paste the content of these files so that i can add it manually on them?

tx

Dethmega, those files are not supposed to be empty. It sounds like they got corrupted somehow. Try deleting them and then starting the game. The game will regenerate new ones when when you start.

If that does not work, try verifying your cache. In steam right click the Red Orchestra Icon, then select local files, then click verify game cache. Once that is complete, delete your Red Orchestra directory in your SteamApps\Username folder. Once you have done that, launch the game. Any corrupted files should be replaced and the game should launch at this point.

Upvote 0