• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WW2OL Players

Sprudel said:
Unsubbing WWIIOL for this game doesn't make sense. They're nothing alike. Totally different concept.

Yes but RO doesn't have DocDoom so that's a big plus in my book.

Ok shifting gears a bit I have to say I enjoy the infantry portion of this game (have enjoyed it since the mod days) but the tanks, oh man I'm going nuts here trying to map my stick to match my WW2OL settings. Quite frankly the RO keymapper could use a lot of improvement with regards to mapping joystick axes in addition to having 'vehicle' category in the keymapper. If it has one I haven't been able to find it.

Upvote 0
Killer, and rafter and co. and cornered rat software, are a bunch of clowns, and WWIIonline is an abortion.. So, if you're coming here from there, ofcourse RO is gonna look like the best thing since sliced bread.. Other than filing bancruptcy, and erasing several customers harddrives with a bad install, they aren't too bad, except they offered a T-shirt for sale that said, "CRS erased my harddrive, and alls i got was this stupid T-shirt." How pathetic is that? For those of you that have NO idea what im talking about, CRS(WWIIONLINE) erased several hundred customers harddrives, people that had alot of work, and business on them. The only reason WWIIonline is still going is because they filed bancruptcy on all their suppliers and creditors... I know because I sold them equipment, and they filed on my company.... Pure incompetence, and the people they laid off were the smartest of the crew... WWIIonline is a total nightmare with their playgate garbage and all their cute little sayings and names for what they do.. Makes RO look like state of the art... WWIIonline gets like 15FPS max, at leats RO gets twice that given a spike or two... Killer, whos real name is , John Macqueen, knows exactly who i am...

Upvote 0
Played the game for a month back in the summer of 2002... i liked the decent graphics and the supremely realistic tank battles/halftracks (im totally obsessed with the halftracks in WWII games lol)

Just downloaded the newest WWII online a few days ago. I'm kinda dissappointed with it. :/ I dunno why but the gfx seem worse than before, and also, what i thought were good sounds, were now changed by crappier ones... not to mention, the old one seemed to feature a few things like moving levers and steering wheels, etc... this one, all things seem to be static! :eek:

Upvote 0
the view

the view

ww2online / battleground europe is diffrent then this game.

STEELHEAD your wrong in some major areas.. but my list is not for you just general.

1)
The battles taking more stratagies and combat manuvers since the scale is larger you can take more ground after killing people.

2)
Iam just saying it has a more interesting battles as far as flanking and front lines. Also people dont want to die in that game ( its more of a penalty)
paratroopers , longer range contact.

3)
If you kill somone 70% of the time you dont know who or where so you cant tell your buddies.

4)
Tank battles they are fun in ostfront but ww2online just has a more realistic stance in almost all areas.

Thats my view

Upvote 0
Yeah my patience with the WW2OL devs has run out a long time ago. It's been one year since they announced the North Afrika theater and one year later they have nothing to show for it. Just more BS from the head rats.

Things are looking especially bad since half of their staff has been laid off a couple of months ago because they couldn't make their payroll.

Upvote 0
Well, make that a quarter of the staff because, they laid off half their staff in 2003... And no, I'm not wrong about any of those points. Those are FACTS not opinions.. I'm all for MMOFPS WWII game, but the concept is WAHAAAAY outta CRS's league.. most don't even play, they enjoy the forums more than they do the game itself... And you gotta give their fans credit though, some buy several accounts just to help keep it above water... And i wasn't EVEN kidding about them erasing harddrives and offering the stupid T-shirt purchase... CRS is a bunch of clowns, they aren't even fit to mod a game... You wanna talk stickmen and lag? Have at it... Bancruptcy has helped them to stay in business, and the boxes are already paid for, so it's bandwidth and a few staff members they are paying for.. Patches are a double edged sword, because, whereas you want them to fix something, they usually screw something else up bigtime, and you cringe as you're installing any new patch.. Like i said, if you're coming from WWIIonline, you will really like RO. Chris and John are knuckleheads, and don't belong in the industry!

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm pretty sure this thread was just asking who here plays ww2ol, we don't need someone ranting about how CRS hurt their feelings. If you want to do that go make your own thread. By the way steelhead, a lot of people still play ww2ol and amazingly within the last few months their has been a very large spike in new subscriptions to the game.

Upvote 0