• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

SgtH3nry3 said:
:eek: Is this the SM3.0 trick, or are these multiple tricks applied?

Or is this just regular "Full/Extra/Ultra"-mode? :eek::D

This is with water 4 (vertex shader 3).... on GF6800GT.

Reworked water render

To see the updated water render please modify the Water section in the file conf.ini in the [Render_OpenGL] section.

Water = 0 or 1

Upvote 0
I finished my skin of the J2M3, using the excellent template by Jesters, Pio hates this plane because I can outfly him no matter what he picks, at least so far ;)

sneaky22tp.jpg

Upvote 0
ive been flying fb+aep+pf with my squadron for sometime now, ive gotten into skinning and i am buying a graphics tablet for skinning soon, dogfights are bleh we suually end up doing aerobatics but Co-ops are what we live for! totally sweet some missions we have.

if any aussies wanna gie us a go drop into www.vaaf.com were more of a group then squadron but meh.

the P-51D will bring it home boys!

Upvote 0
I really need to sit down, with a joystick and try seriously to learn how to pilot a plane.

I liked IL-2, but I never had the patience to really, really, learn how to fly, its frustrating enough for me to manage to take off. :(
(Don't EVEN get my started when it comes to LANDING a plane! Its a nightmare!)

I'll tell you guys once I get my hands on a joystick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zoring said:
Very cool Helmi :D One has to wonder who the photographer for the bottom picture was, a very brave lad indeed!
Ineed, the Kriegsberichterstatter must have had balls for sure!
Always the very first on the front line to take shots of the "most forward" troops.

Anyway, some guy in another forum wanted a b/w shot as he felt that looked better so I did that as well.

Personally, I don't think it looks better as my goal was to create a shot that looks like an early colour film, but whatever.

Don't want to hold the shots back so have a look:

Sepia:
il2photosp3zf.png

B/W:
il2photosw0qa.png

(the grain looks quite bad on the b/w shot IMO. I only added it for obvious reasons on the colour shot. Didn't keep the PSP file so I couldn't remove it for this version).

Upvote 0