• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Huge lagg issues

I can't play Red Orchestra proporly on this computer, it laggs SHITLOADS! I get 10-1 FPS in battles! It's really crazy! + loading maps also takes a very long time :( And it sucks becouse I meet the Minimum requirements AND the Recomended requirements :confused:

So, what can I do? What can you do? :eek:

Also there's NOTHING STEALING MY CPU OR MEMORY! The only things I have active while playing is my Firewall and Anti Virus, Outpost Firewall Pro, and Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personall

Firefox is of course not running while I play (only if I forget to close the browser window before starting the game ;D)

Q: What are the System requirements for the Client ?
A: Minimum:
CPU: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent, 512 MB RAM, Video Card: DirectX

Try the following in your video settings:
Resolution 800X600 (start here and bump it up if these other setting work)
Put all the textures on high except world, place it on normal.
Turn off shadows.
Turn off HDR bloom.

In audio settings, uncheck the use system driver box. This seems to be for OpenAl support. When I had it checked, my FPS would drop in battle too.

You're best bet is to set up a practice server with a bunch of bots and keep tweaking your video settings until you find a good balance between quality and framerate. If all else fails, try the D3D render.

Upvote 0
Try using a different renderer:

Standard is D3D 9.0, but you should try setting it to plain Direct3D in RO's Display settings dialog.

This should help you a lot since the 5XXX NVidia cards some times experience difficulties in delivering adequate performance if DirectX 9.0 features are in involved.

Hope that helps!

Otherwise try disabling 3D sound and change to sound system driver or back.

Upvote 0