• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release: Criticism, flaming, Noob bashing, etc.

Tekkobra

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Do not whine post constructive criticism.
Do not bash noobies.
Do not post flame bait, nor return a flame.
Do not flame.
Do not post "OMG I want my money back"
Do not compare RO to DOD.
Do not complain if you didn't read the system requirements.

All of the above will irritate us; and you might get a vacation, or a internet version of a dirt nap.

-Tekkobra

Actually what I have been seeing in terms of graphics does not look at all like the trailer and that 9 min film someone made. The claims that infantry movement was kept out of such things on purpose actually seems to have some merit now that I am playing the game. This is why we are so surprised.

But what is even more surprising is this thread.

People are entitled to their opinion, especially for something they paid money for, even if that opinion is unwelcome.

I agree that some of it is over the top. @$$holes just prove what they really are when they say the kind of drivel we have been reading on here. I know it is no fun to see but I am surprised your reaction would result in a post like what I see tendered here.

I would think anyone associated with creating such a game would be prepared for an avalanche of knee jerk reactions based mainly on the game being different than what people are used or expected. Different = Sucks. Many of those same people will be loving the game once they get over their shock that it is not what their own imagination was expecting, but rather is the artistic and technical vision of some other very talented individuals.

Don't let the blowhards and naysayers get to you guys. You have succeeded magnificently. Don't let them bring you down to their childish, vindictive level. The reason people are so emotional is they have such affection for the game. Others are just dicktards and always will be.

Upvote 0
@ Fledermaus, true but still I think a thread like this is kind of justified, I almost dont bother anymore to visit this board since RO came out (of course I still do as you see) because of all the [insert stupid thread about some complaint without grounds] threads. Of course there is also constructive critisism, but I dont think that is what this thread is targeting ;) You should be able to expect a certain degree of "thinking" :p

Upvote 0
I've never seen a game forum that prohibits criticism

I've never seen a game forum that prohibits criticism

or comparison with other games however wrong the comparisons or criticism might be.:eek:

I was critical of this game yesterday when I first played this game, posting what was expected and what actually came out, revealing my disappointment. But I was in many instances corrected/explained about RO and there were a lot to learn about it, its engine, and the makings of it. And many noobs would most likely have learned by it.:)

Some criticism was wrong and harsh, but still there are merits even from the criticism with the wrong information and over-expectation.

Just my 2 cents.;)

Upvote 0
Everybody makes comparisons!!

Everybody makes comparisons!!

We can only evaluate a product or game by that which we can compare it to. That is just life, we compare beauty against other beauty, ugliness against ugliness and game features and graphics against what we are familiar with.

Taboo on you for trying to dictate what we think and what we compare to. Every review I read before buying RO had comparisons both good and bad to other games already established in the market. How else could you readily describe it?

It would seem obvious that your preference might have been similar to Hitlers. If you disagree with me, then I will shoot you.

Wish I could get my money back based on your attitude expressed here. Men are dying to protect freedom of speach and here you wish to stop it.

I hope that you will take some of the constructive criticisms and improve what is a very strong foundation of the game, but lets face it, every game need some tweeks and this one is by far no exception

Upvote 0
After playing the mod off and on for the last... jeez almost three years...

I thought Ostfront sucked... for about ten minutes....

Then I figured out how to rebolt my rifle and all was right in the world again :p

There's some things I'd like to see added... foremost some sort of better system for determining who gets weapons...

Overall though, Tripwire has done a truely outstanding job. I'm seriously in love with the tanks that I didn't like much in the mod. I'm nailing folks with the M/N carbine at ranges that would have been silly in the mod (yay gun rest!) Even the SMGs are more balanced now... though I can't use my old quote anymore: "Russian Submachine guns aren't so much aimed as waved" =)

Easily worth the $24 lousy bucks I paid to support such a wonderful effort, and I really look forward to what Tripwire has instore for the new UT engine... object penetration physics anyone??!

Upvote 0
littlegeneral said:
We can only evaluate a product or game by that which we can compare it to. That is just life, we compare beauty against other beauty, ugliness against ugliness and game features and graphics against what we are familiar with.

Taboo on you for trying to dictate what we think and what we compare to. Every review I read before buying RO had comparisons both good and bad to other games already established in the market. How else could you readily describe it?

It would seem obvious that your preference might have been similar to Hitlers. If you disagree with me, then I will shoot you.

Wish I could get my money back based on your attitude expressed here. Men are dying to protect freedom of speach and here you wish to stop it.

I hope that you will take some of the constructive criticisms and improve what is a very strong foundation of the game, but lets face it, every game need some tweeks and this one is by far no exception

This is THEIR forum though, they pay for it and the website for them to be up, and not only that, but they spent a lot of time and money working on this game, only for people to whine and complain about it, all of them mostly people that played the game for 3 mins and then got tired of it, because it wasnt DOD-like!

Upvote 0
The weird thing of RO is that you really need to play it some time before you get to enjoy, my first minutes just suckt, i didnt knew what to do, always mistimed the bolting etc. But when your passed that step and you made your first kill your going to love it more and more. Its like my little brother: he was saying the game sucked etc. he couldnt hit ***** it was to hard (all that kinda childish bs) and then he got his first kill, i was in another room and he came to let me see he killed someone lol. Even since he thinks the game is great becuz he found out that he could actually kill someone. Offcourse some things could be fixed (although i dont know many), one that i know is that you cant check which map your playing while your ingame. So i would really like to see a mapname in the scorelist, so i told it to one of the devs and he said they would talk about it. So you shouldnt complain about the devs, they can be pissed off after a while of whining, but i had a couple of problems and they solved m within the hour (thats what i call support). Love the game and the devs, hope they wont change their vision of support.

Upvote 0
I think the reason why some people say it doesn't look good is because of their own PC. I have to play it in 1024x768 on a 17 inch monitor for optimal experience (details on (almost) highest btw) and my graphics also look a tad "blurry" sometimes. It isn't when I turn off HDR Bloom, but then it looks too jagged. I think it would look a lot better and sharper if I would be playing on a higher resolution. Still, I think the bloom has been applied to the weapon models and environment a tad too much because it makes things look a bit "blurry" sometimes. With HDR turned off, the weapon models look a lot sharper for example. Guess I need a new videocard.

As for the game itself, give it some time. It's a whole lot better than the mod that's for sure. For the biggest part, it's a matter of getting used to the new game. It happened in released of the mod as well. Remember the momentum system and the new hitdetection? Now everybody got used to it.

Criticism is very much welcomed by the devs Im sure, but you should recognize the hard work and love they put in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, I dowloaded the game 2 days ago and I really really enjoy it. Im in the <82ndAB> clan. Were a tactical realism clan from Call of Duty2 well known by the TR community (our server running WRM is the 4th or 5th most popular over all CoD2 servers). I must say that RO is almost the perfect game. Its a Infantry simulator as well as a Tank simulator. Most of the gameplay in itself rocks.

The game is as close as it could be to the actual technology to real life. It include everything that can make real life tactics work. Supporting fire does work now. However, the only bad side of this game over CoD2 in my opinion is the fact that its a

Upvote 0
Fun game

Fun game

Hey guys, good job on this one.

I've been playing WWII games for years now, and none come close to matching the realism of this game. I just got heavily addicted to DoD:S a few weeks ago, and now this comes out - SWEET. Although, DoD runs better on my PC and seems a bit more polished, it can't match the realism of this one. I love it, thank you.

Upvote 0
o_fizzle said:
Hey guys, good job on this one.

I've been playing WWII games for years now, and none come close to matching the realism of this game. I just got heavily addicted to DoD:S a few weeks ago, and now this comes out - SWEET. Although, DoD runs better on my PC and seems a bit more polished, it can't match the realism of this one. I love it, thank you.

Yup good job folks and what a difference this is! A site where the game designers work with the gaming community to iron out any concieved bugs and glitches and just general moans about the game.

Yes the game is different to what most of us are used to, a big plus as far as I'm concerned, and unlike other FPS games with drivable vehicles at least in this one they have to have a crew rather than just letting some damned noob jump in a tank and drive round shooting all and sundry a nice touch and deserving of praise.

Ok I would like a bit more time playing with the server configs and a decent rcon tool would be nice, but the game has only been out a few days so I expect they will be along soon enuff.

A vastly different scenario to the last game I had the misfortune to set servers up for thanks and well done TW

Upvote 0
Tekkobra said:
Do not whine post constructive criticism.
Do not bash noobies.
Do not post flame bait, nor return a flame.
Do not flame.
Do not post "OMG I want my money back"
Do not compare RO to DOD.
Do not complain if you didn't read the system requirements.

All of the above will irritate us; and you might get a vacation, or a internet version of a dirt nap.

-Tekkobra

you take all the fun out of visiting this forum anymore for us old timers;) can i get a refund for visiting this forum please. if not i would settle for a avatar:eek: :rolleyes: can i compare it to castle wolfstein rather than dod....:D

p.s i would like to see in minimum requirements: user is intelegent..
it would save a lot of problems....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow we at the =EGN= clan are in love with this game the 1st half hour of gameplay we were like ummmm ok then once u get used to the controls and the differant style of play it simply blows u away i also think the timing of the release was perfect what with everyone still waiting 4 the long awaited patch 4 cod2, tripwire well done P.S ive got all the settings turned to high and it runs like a dream

Upvote 0