• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things to note regarding the situation in Germany:

-Games are rated by the USK, not the BPjM.
-If a game is rated by the USK, it can't be banned - ever.
-Nazi symbols and other offensive material lead to no rating by the USK and usually to a ban by the BPjM.
-The two possible ratings for RO would be "16+" and "adults only" which would be "18+"
-Even with the reduced gore settings enabled right now, RO would most likely be "adults only" already, so adjusting the gore to the level of the international version, wouldn't change a thing. It can't be banned because of that.

Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
Helmi just want to warn you not to put false information in your credit card details you send to Steam I believe that is fraud, I'm sure you didn't realize this or were just kidding :p

Hmm, I don't have a credit card. But shouldn't be typing the correct name and card details sufficient. If the billing is correct why the hell is steam allowed to ask were you live? That's pretty much private data in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I think I'll add on to this, ingame when I play I get no bloodsplats but I do get bloody bodys from Grenades. A quick fix for it is to go to my options and reset the gore level but that only works for one round. Anyone know how I can fix this for good. I looked at my .int file and it has Gore=2 so I don't know how its not working.

Upvote 0
Matt2006b said:
I think I'll add on to this, ingame when I play I get no bloodsplats but I do get bloody bodys from Grenades. A quick fix for it is to go to my options and reset the gore level but that only works for one round. Anyone know how I can fix this for good. I looked at my .int file and it has Gore=2 so I don't know how its not working.

Well i personally noticed that the Blood Splats only appeared for my for a very short time, i found out that with me it was a low Decal Stay Value (adv. Graphics Options) might want to check out if this helps you.

Upvote 0
MadMax said:
Hmm, I don't have a credit card. But shouldn't be typing the correct name and card details sufficient. If the billing is correct why the hell is steam allowed to ask were you live? That's pretty much private data in my opinion.

my educated guess:
they do a trace-root on your IP, and know from which country/continent you access their service.

you can test it yourself here:
http://www.bandwidth-check.com/

(EA down loader does it, i know that ppl in europe tried to buy the American version of BF2SF to get it 3 days sooner, but the download-client checked not the country of origin but the 'country of dial-in' and they whined about that in a British EA forum)
so i bet Steam will behave not much different

Upvote 0
damn, I'm feel kinda bad about all this legal BS in germany :( But I have the full version (no wonder, living in the country of two solitudes), but I haven’t seen any swastikas in the game, or any other more or less accurate historic symbols of the time (besides totenkopfs), so my question is - are you going to address this with a patch (like distributed everywhere, except germany and german subscribers :D */sorry guys/*)? Or is it something for moders to look at? Please answer.

Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
Helmi just want to warn you not to put false information in your credit card details you send to Steam I believe that is fraud, I'm sure you didn't realize this or were just kidding :p
Neither did I not realize this nor was I j/k.

What I'm talking about is the optional
[ ] I still live in said country
option that appeared on registration.
So you'd fill in all your CC details correctly (country: Germany) but just not tick that very box above.

As evidence shows, this is to be believed the trigger that censors your game.
Had I known this before I would not have ticked that box of course!

The fact that I did shows that I was fully aware of the possible fraud thing and hence thought I had to fill that out correctly, as I assumed it was in direct relation to the billig process, NOT the localized censorship!

Upvote 0
Mike(GER) said:
my educated guess:
they do a trace-root on your IP, and know from which country/continent you access their service.

you can test it yourself here:
http://www.bandwidth-check.com/

(EA down loader does it, i know that ppl in europe tried to buy the American version of BF2SF to get it 3 days sooner, but the download-client checked not the country of origin but the 'country of dial-in' and they whined about that in a British EA forum)
so i bet Steam will behave not much different

Well, I think it is said box.
If it was the IP you'd just have to use an anonymous proxy and you'd be set.

There's even a couple of programs out there that can obscure your IP so you can evade such cheap tricks.

On a global market it should not matter at all from where I access/buy.
The great thing of the internet is that it's de facto broderless.

I don't understand why some are always trying to undermine that... :mad:

Upvote 0
Helmi said:
So you'd fill in all your CC details correctly (country: Germany) but just not tick that very box above.

As evidence shows, this is to be believed the trigger that censors your game.
Had I known this before I would not have ticked that box of course!
That was exactly my thought, but unfortunately Steam wont let you buy anything if you don't tick that box telling you that the country where you currently live in has to be identical with the country of the billing address.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SheepShaver said:
That was exactly my thought, but unfortunately Steam wont let you buy anything if you don't tick that box telling you that the country where you currently live in has to be identical with the country of the billing address.
Oh, great.
Then why do they even include that box...?

So even if I was living abroad in the EU and had my CC card still registered to Germany I couldn't buy a non-censored version?

*Sigh*

Not that I could buy it again anyway since you cannot remove any games from your account but now all my hopes really lie in the goodwill of the Devs.

Upvote 0
Steam is too smart for me :(
My mate who lives in the UK gave me his steam account details, I downloaded the english files there, started the game with his steam account, I had full gore, legs lying around and stuff.
Then I copyed the files in the foldier for my steam account and started with my steam account. The game is full in english, but I still have only reduced gore :(
Lets just hope the devs will release such a uncut patch after the USK rated this game.
Even GTA San Andreads is 16+ and you see ppl headless after you gave them a headshot, so it shouldnt be such a big problem.

Upvote 0
Dr-Death said:
I have a question about how can i tell witch version do i have, i live in Boston,mass in the US but i don't remember seeing any Nazi symbols in the game. Where are they located in the game ? I ordered this over steam if that matters. Thanks
TW do not use such symbols in ROOST. Modders can do this, if they want, but TW will not do this.
And I'm glad about this - so they do not have to replace the swastikas with any other symbol, which is always looking very stupid...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.