• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you think of the game?

What do you think of the game?

• Rocks!

Votes: 301 87.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 28 8.2%
  • Sucks!

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
I haven't played the retail yet, but seriously, anyone who thinks a game sucks because this or that weapon isn't powerful enough in his eyes or because a tank is too strong as compared to another has some kind of mental problem. Sure it's annoying when a T60 can kill a Tiger, but does this really turn a 8/10 game into a 5/10? I don't think so.

And I get a headache from all the guys complaining about the graphics, demanding bump-maps or what-so-ever. Didn't you see the trailer? The screenshots? What you see is what you get as they say! And anyone who thinks these graphics are crap is an idiot in my eyes. They are a C+ at worst! Stop comparing them to DODS. Is there a single DOD map with a viewing distance of more than 80 yards out there? Does DODS calculate ballistics? Your oh so precious Source engine in the form it is represented now (CSS, DODS, HL2) is nothing but eyecandy and very unsuitable for a game like RO. We'll see how INS does, but I bet they spent a lot of time getting the shitty hit-detection to work anywhere near realistic.

And to all those who complain about overdone recoil: YES I AGREE IT'S OVERDONE (judging from vids)!
But if you played the mod you'd know why. Getting mowed from a jogging and spraying PPSh-gunner at 50 yards is the alternative. You want that? Maybe it needs a little tweaking here and there but until that: USE YOUR FREAKING SIGHTS, THEY ARE THERE FOR A PURPOSE!

The only bigger gripe i see so far is the stiff walking animations. They need fixing. The dev's obviously wanted the gun to always point where it would in first person view. But in this particular case, for the sake of immersion, they should scre realism, draw the stick from the soldiers anus and have him swing his gun and arms and shoulders more and turn into the stiff position only when the avatar fires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heinz said:
he's obviously a child, so, we have to give him a little slack. mommy probably always get him what he wants right away. :D

OMFGZLOLZROFL!!!!11 kidz shudnt be allowed to play or post or have opinions because your parents probably beat you when you were small :rolleyes:

mommy doesnt get me things, i have a job, and i have tons of money, and do tons of crap to get more money, like selling my music album thing for example.
but then again, im a child, why am i speaking, i shud not be allowed. ;)

Upvote 0
Kalashnikov Slamdunk said:
OMFGZLOLZROFL!!!!11 kidz shudnt be allowed to play or post or have opinions because your parents probably beat you when you were small :rolleyes:

mommy doesnt get me things, i have a job, and i have tons of money, and do tons of crap to get more money, like selling my music album thing for example.
but then again, im a child, why am i speaking, i shud not be allowed. ;)

correct spelling can be your friend. best of luck!

Upvote 0