• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My basic RO Ost questions for the day

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
1. How do I find out what IP address I am playing on?

2. Where do I load an IP address if I do not know the sever's RO name? (I have only used All Seeing Eye up till now).

3. Is there any way to store IP Addresses? I know about the favorites, but are all IP addresses showing up in the console so it is just a matter of learning the names of the various addresses?

OK, in game stuff.

A. What exactly is a resupply area? Does this only work for tanks? It seems a bit optimistic to assume a tank will ever live long enough to need resupplying :p

B. Is radio-called artty the only artty now? On some mod maps there were active mortars, etc. that someone could stand at and fire. Anything like that in the offical maps?

C. One of the pre-release videos showed what looked like a German armored vehicle with some kind of rapid fire, heavy weapon (20mm cannon perhaps?) Looked like a devistating anti-personel weapon. What maps is that found on?

Thanks

Last edited:
1. I can't figure this one out either.

2. No idea.

3. I don't think so.

---------------------------------------

1. Resupply area is a bunch of ammo boxes. Walk up to it and you will have all of your ammo in all your weapons including grenades and satchels restored.

2. Yes, radio artillery is the only artillery available.

3. I don't know if you're referring to the SDZ (Halftrack) or not, but on most combined arms/tank maps there are eight-man halftracks with mounted machine guns.

Upvote 0
1. usually that info is present in the menu you bring up with F2 (default)

2. open the console and type: "open <insert adress>"

3. I don't understand what you mean use favorites :p

A. there are separate resupply areas for tanks and inf bring up the OH map and you will see the explenation for which is what. You walk into a resupply area and you get resupplied with ammo nades PFs satchels

B. Radio has always been the only "official" way the map you think of was a custom

C. It was not a german vehicle it was the soviet T60

Upvote 0
To me the most unrealistic thing is the ammo everyone gets. Not every soldier went into every engagement with full supply of clips and nades. Many of these maps clearly start in the middle or at the end of a large battle. I wish they would have had random magazine and random nade supplies

I rarely ever see someone actually running out of ammo with any of the small arms. Maybe someone set way back firing from afar but that is about it.

I think the idea of resupply is so unrealstic it is silly. It takes away what SHOULD be a major part of any realism sim, having to use your ammo wisely and having to scrounge for weapons and ammo in a protracted battle if you run out.

That being said, I will certainly use these dumps to great effect when I am an AT guy!

Upvote 0
DieFledermaus said:
To me the most unrealistic thing is the ammo everyone gets. Not every soldier went into every engagement with full supply of clips and nades. Many of these maps clearly start in the middle or at the end of a large battle. I wish they would have had random magazine and random nade supplies

I rarely ever see someone actually running out of ammo with any of the small arms. Maybe someone set way back firing from afar but that is about it.

I think the idea of resupply is so unrealstic it is silly. It takes away what SHOULD be a major part of any realism sim, having to use your ammo wisely and having to scrounge for weapons and ammo in a protracted battle if you run out.

That being said, I will certainly use these dumps to great effect when I am an AT guy!
Think of the suicides.... :D.

Upvote 0