• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it possible

pittpete

Feb 16, 2006
N.Y.
to map the iron sites function to a key where they only stay up when my finger is holding the key?

If it sounds confusing, the way it is now I press my iron sites key to raise it and I have to press again to lower it

I would like it

---when I hold the key, the iron sites raise
---when I release, my weapon will lower instead of having to press again.

Any help,much appreciated....

Probably. I haven't worked with config files for UT2004/UE2.5, but in good ol Unreal Tournament you could script sequences in the keyboard configuration files. Something like "OnKeyPress.dostuff" followed with an "OnRelease.dosomethingelse". So you could get the game to perform one action when you pressed down a key, and then perform another one when you released it again. But it's too long since I've played UT actively, and I don't remember any of the details.

But I guess you have similar functions in UE2.5. You just can't configure it with the in-game configuration menu, you'll have to script it manually in the configuration files. Takes a bit of work, but it was definitely worth it in UT at least.

Upvote 0