• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you Play the game? YES or NO

Can you Play the game? YES or NO

• Total voters
blkmgc said:
....Do some googling, and find some reputable and popular tweak sites. I think there is a lot that can be done on the part of the user to avoid easily avoidable problems. Hopes this at least helps someone in some small way.

I'd like to know what the heck he's talking about!! :rolleyes:

I'm not computer Wiz...that's FOR SURE! But I can walk myself through most problems that come up. And I've had my share!

But this time it's weird. I can play for somewhere between 1-2 hours, then all of a sudden the computer beep, the monitor turns hibernation mode (or whatever) and the computer crashes...but not completely. I have to to a "hard restart" to get it to reboot. No amount of ctl-alt-del will get me out of this one as my keyboard, mouse AND monitor won't work....WEIRD!

In my case though, I'm not ready to rule out hardware issues unrelated to the game as of yet. :confused:

Time will tell.

But anyway, plz tell me what to google and I'll try that!!!

Upvote 0
Voted no.

The fact that I have to revert to Windows Firewall to play a game is awful. I tried setting up Outpost firewall, but that program itself seems to want to block the game, citing an ethernet attack.

I didn't pay to do all this. I've been using ZA for months with no issue. Now, because I thought I'd put some effort in to try and play this game, I've got to sort out this new firewall. Great.

Upvote 0
OSU_Soldier said:
I'd like to know what the heck he's talking about!! :rolleyes:

I'm not computer Wiz...that's FOR SURE! But I can walk myself through most problems that come up. And I've had my share!

But this time it's weird. I can play for somewhere between 1-2 hours, then all of a sudden the computer beep, the monitor turns hibernation mode (or whatever) and the computer crashes...but not completely. I have to to a "hard restart" to get it to reboot. No amount of ctl-alt-del will get me out of this one as my keyboard, mouse AND monitor won't work....WEIRD!

In my case though, I'm not ready to rule out hardware issues unrelated to the game as of yet. :confused:

Time will tell.

But anyway, plz tell me what to google and I'll try that!!!

See, heres a perfect example. You describe the problem well, but without any system specs, no ones going to be able to help you. Your problem sounds to me to be a power supply or over heat problem.

Upvote 0
No, i can't play, i'm running ZA and i'm not going to uninstall it. Had it for 2 years now and it is configured for my system as i like many people play lots of other online games as well as the day to day use of the PC,ZA was one of a number of firewalls i tried before deciding on using it as i found it the most intuitive for me. Uninstall ZA is not an option in my view.I will wait for the developers to fix it as i hope they are in the process of doing and have every faith in them. The day a game gets released on the PC and there are no problems with it is a long way off. This is the world of PC gaming i'm affraid:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Initially I could play.

Then at the end of the first map I was in, when it was about to change to the next map I got the BLUE SCREEN.

Had to re-boot.....got in, was okay for a while then BLUE SCREEN.

After a couple of more times of this I now can't even get into the game and get this error report:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2411 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6512)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package None) <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Sound None..Headshot NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (CinematicPlayer) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame, Function Engine.GameInfo.Login) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I have verified the cache as well by the way.

Upvote 0
y2kill said:
Game runs fine for me and all my buddies... I think it's people that don't understand PC's too well are the ones having issues..

Don't be such a condescending twat. I build and support Graphic Work Stations and this sucker is giving my home system no end of graphic troubles.

No Firewall except through Router, AVG, Ran RO the Mod fine but this get's me into a game and then proceeds to start studdering and eventually grinding to a halt with graphical glitches. Even the Menu is in accessible. Total PITA.

Upvote 0
Can't launch, it give me that :(

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2090 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 (8126)
General protection fault!
History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
I voted yes i can play but things dont work as they should.

First off my system specs.

P4 3.0Ghz CPU 800Mhz FSB
1024 MB RAM H/T enabled
Nvidia 6600GT video card 128MB
Audigy 2ZS Gamer Edition sound card

I am running the game at 1280x960 32bit with settings on High and no AA or AF settings on in my graphics settings.
I have even tried lower settings but the game just will not run without constant stuttering once the shooting starts.And it seems to get worse as I play.

Upvote 0
*MBC* Maxwell Klinger said:
I voted yes i can play but things dont work as they should.

First off my system specs.

P4 3.0Ghz CPU 800Mhz FSB
1024 MB RAM H/T enabled
Nvidia 6600GT video card 128MB
Audigy 2ZS Gamer Edition sound card

I am running the game at 1280x960 32bit with settings on High and no AA or AF settings on in my graphics settings.
I have even tried lower settings but the game just will not run without constant stuttering once the shooting starts.And it seems to get worse as I play.

Its something on your system. If you look at my post above, your system is almost exactly like my #2 system and it runs smooth as silk on it. Try EndItAll to turn off all unnecesarry programs. Make sure your vid drivers are up to date. Also empty your temp file (start=>run> type in temp, then select all and delete all). There has to be something else slowing your system down.

Upvote 0