• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Want a Refund Thread!?

sticky_fingers said:
I have ZoneAlarm Pro, as in zonealarm the paid full version

Just a friendly suggestion to imrpove upon your Security, next time you spend money on it either get an Router or/and an IPCop Setup. A Software Firewall is not bad but the other solutions are better.

Though you'd probably only have to wait a few Days and the Game will work with ZA. I don't know about US Laws but German Law gives a Producer the right to correct on Products with some errors.

And btw a refund would have to come from Valve/Steam not Tripwire, the same was as you return Boxed Games in a Shop and don't send them to the Company. Thus your Post here will not be able to net you a refund, you'd either post on the Steam Boards, or send them an Email.

Tripwire is developing/patching/upgrading it, but iirc Steam/Valve/Shops distributing the BOX are responsible for the Distribution/Refund Part of the Deal.

Upvote 0

Originally Posted by Steam EULA
B. Charges to Your Credit Card.

ALL STEAM FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. Valve reserves the right to change our fees or billing methods at any time and Valve will provide notice of any such change at least thirty (30) days advance. All changes will be posted as amendments to this Agreement or in the Rules of Use and you are responsible for reviewing the billing section of Steam to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your non-cancellation of your Account or an affected Subscription thirty (30) days after posting of the changes on Steam means that you accept such changes. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may cancel your Account or a particular Subscription at any time as described below, but Valve will not refund any fees that may have accrued to your Account before cancellation of your Account or Subscription, and Valve will not prorate fees for any cancellation. If your use of Steam is subject to any type of use or sales tax, then Valve may also charge you for any such taxes, in addition to the Subscription or other fees published in the Rules of Use. The European Union VAT (

Upvote 0
Polygon said:
Polygon,

the part of the EULA you quotet is a cancellation/termination for convenience. My understanding would be that the cancellation/termination that we're talking about here is one for cause, and the cause would be a defective product.

It is very likely that you have to give your customers some sort of remedy, otherwise this might be seen as an unconscionable (read: unenforceable) agreement, since we're in the area of consumer contracts.

(Disclaimer: I have not looked at the EULA myself)

Chuck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Patch or Refund Please!

Patch or Refund Please!

Ok!
Here's another rant to add the fray.

I've tried all the ZA options (mine is the paid version).
Ive deleted client reg file.
Ive validated RO files through Steam
I've set the launch options to nothing

And alas none of this works. Everytime I load it crashes and reboots. The fact that this is happening to many, many people proves that it's a common problem and no matter how much tinkering you do with your system chances are it's not going to solve anything. And Im not forfitting ZA which cost me a lot of money for a game, and certainly not putting my system at risk from some form of e-rape. Tripwire need to realize they've done the wrong thing and put profits over releasing a "useable" product. In my country they would be immediately investigated by the ACCC as it is illegal to sell a product that does not meet some form of standard and especially one that is broken. Digital distribution is no exception.

Bottom line: You do not release something like this into a worldwide market without testing all scenarios of compatibility. If other indy software companies manage to do it why not Tripwire?

And to make matters worse there has been no official response to the problems by them and no mention that they will release a patch and fix it. For all we know we may never hear from them again except when they release an expansion or another RO mod?

Now Im all for supporting indy developers and mods, but whoever did RO's quality assurance (or lack thereof?) and bug testing oughta be tied to a tree by his left scrotum and beaten profusely around the cranium with a cricket bat.

Patch or refund please!

This is highly unacceptable. :mad:

Upvote 0
Polygon,

People, including myself, are upset that we cant get this game to run. That there has been no real 'official' communication from the developer or the publisher on this matter(Zone Alarm bug) is frustrating. Now, I'm not sure what your intent was when you posted that quote, but I read it very negatively, almost like a threat. I certainly don't view it as constructive, nor as one helpful in remedying this situation.

If you purchased a product from a store, returned home to find the box filled only with manuals, went back to the store to exchange/ask about it and no one at the store would even bother to talk to you, how would you feel? In my opinion, no one here is listening to us, or if they are, they certainly aren't communicating that well. Additionally, that valve continues selling the merchandise without so much as an advisement of the possibility that people with certain software might not be able to play the game could be considered at least deceptive, at worst, outright fraudulent. But that's not what I really want to say.

Tripwire, please keep your people from fanning flames in the forums.
Post an official message letting people know what's happening.
Keep us updated on progress.
And fix the problem so we can play this game we're all eager to play.

PS: btw, Zaint is correct. VISA/MASTERCARD's merchant agreement with Valve precludes Valve's EULA. I used to work as a chargeback analyst for a large retail firm: if cardholders know their rights, and act accordingly, it can be very difficult for a retailer to fight a reversal/chargeback.

Upvote 0
pixelpimp said:
Ok!
Here's another rant to add the fray.

I've tried all the ZA options (mine is the paid version).
Ive deleted client reg file.
Ive validated RO files through Steam
I've set the launch options to nothing

And alas none of this works. Everytime I load it crashes and reboots. The fact that this is happening to many, many people proves that it's a common problem and no matter how much tinkering you do with your system chances are it's not going to solve anything. And Im not forfitting ZA which cost me a lot of money for a game, and certainly not putting my system at risk from some form of e-rape. Tripwire need to realize they've done the wrong thing and put profits over releasing a "useable" product. In my country they would be immediately investigated by the ACCC as it is illegal to sell a product that does not meet some form of standard and especially one that is broken. Digital distribution is no exception.

Bottom line: You do not release something like this into a worldwide market without testing all scenarios of compatibility. If other indy software companies manage to do it why not Tripwire?

And to make matters worse there has been no official response to the problems by them and no mention that they will release a patch and fix it. For all we know we may never hear from them again except when they release an expansion or another RO mod?

Now Im all for supporting indy developers and mods, but whoever did RO's quality assurance (or lack thereof?) and bug testing oughta be tied to a tree by his left scrotum and beaten profusely around the cranium with a cricket bat.

Patch or refund please!

This is highly unacceptable. :mad:

I can not speak for Tripwire, but you first need to go back and read the Steam user agreement you accepted when you bought your game over Steam. No refunds of any kind.

Second, if you think that all other games released are free of compatability problems, you are mistaken. How is ZA not at fault in some way either? Shouldn't they have tested all scenarios? After all, it is the only firewall causing problems :rolleyes:.

There have been many suggestions posted to fix the ZA issues. If none of those work, try a free firewall. There are many on the web, and alot of users believe they are superior to ZA. Mine is called Proventia and it gives me no problems...

Upvote 0