• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those that said the graphics in ROOST we're bad..

rebelpacket

Mar 15, 2006
I present to you these screenshots from a little tweaking I forayed into. Seems the Dev's hid the "OpenGL" renderer in the ini file. Check these out.
(Not on a really spectacular system. P4 3.0ghz, 1gb ram, GeForce 6800GT)

(images are rather large, so wait for loading).

Shot00003.png

Shot00033.png

Shot00044.png

Shot00006.png

Then again, maybe everyone else is seeing this, and this is what their complaining about. But damn. Blew my socks off personally.

Only question I have, is the dynamic frame rates. I've been trying to come up with a good combination of resolution, and detail to keep a steady framerate. For example, the screenshots above, we're getting frame rates of 60+ at the beginning of the round. But halfway into it, things started getting jerky, yet system resource manager said I still had plenty of processing power left, and more than half of my ram left. I'm curious as to what the issue may be.

Either way, 4 hours of fun tonight. Great job Dev's!

In your RedOrchestra.ini (located in \Steam\SteamApps\%username%\red orchestra\System), you will find these lines of code near the top of the file:

Code:
[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

All you have to do, is set it so that OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice is the only one without a semicolon, like so:

Code:
[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

and voila! OpenGL. :)

Upvote 0
Pyros777 said:
In your RedOrchestra.ini (located in \Steam\SteamApps\%username%\red orchestra\System), you will find these lines of code near the top of the file:

Code:
[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
All you have to do, is set it so that OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice is the only one without a semicolon, like so:

Code:
[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
and voila! OpenGL. :)

thanks mate.

Upvote 0
Dr-Death said:
yeah it look so much better in opengl but the menus look all messed up..

When you say the menus are all messed up, do you mean all whited out? Because that's what happens when I try to use OpenGL. Though the graphics are almost enough of an improvement to convince me to keep OpenGL and deal with trying to change a class in a white blocky selection screen where it is hard to tell what you are doing.

Upvote 0
ok i tried it, yes menus become a little messed up, but in game graphics improve massivly!

The sniper scope will neeed to be turned to textured though (looks like in cod) rather than modeled or you wont be able to seea thing through it.

big improvment though, in graphics. worth doing.

I wonder if they didnt support it in game due to the menu issues...

Upvote 0