• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Panzerfaust Shells

It takes practice and most(all?) tank maps have panzerfaust laying arround to pick up which magically replenish and there are ammo resupply points.

So uh.. it's good. And they aren't panzerfaust shells, the panzerfaust is the whole thing.. imagine carrying 4 of those big things on your back.. did they even carry as many as 3 in ww2?

in short.. working as intended.

Upvote 0
The manual said we'd be able to use the toggle fire mode key to use the other positions on the range ladder, but it doesn't appear to actually work.

Just aim through the 30 meter slot, use the white dot, and apply neccessary Tennesee windage. If the target is more than 30 meters away, you have to aim at least a meter above it....

My biggest complaint with the Faust is that it doesn't seem to hurt infantry at all. I fired from about 20 meters into a big group of infantry... saw the smoke puffs right under their feet... and didn't kill a one of them. Surely even an 800 gram shaped charge would be deadly to infantry out to a couple of meters from concussion and heat alone.

Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
I find it pretty simple to use, if you're so far from the tank that you need to use 60 or 90 for range then you're not close enough...just my policy :) Just aim the little dot at the bottom of the tank preferrably at the side or back and let loose!
actually using the photo from our forums (2ss).
panzerschrek.jpg

Do u really want to carry more than 3? I think 1 (or 2 max is the way to go).

Upvote 0
Personally, I'd rather see more AT classes available instead of being able to carry three P-fausts. I would like to see a player being able to carry a maximum of one at any time.

The same thing is true with satchel charges and make it either a Panzerfaust or a satchel. Those things need to be reduced more or at least spread across more soldiers.

Upvote 0
the change fire mode key is to change the range. Only works while in IS. But sometimes it gets bugged and doesn't work. :/

Hitting from 60meters away isnt' hard at all.. now beyond that takes quite a bit of practice but i've seen people hit consistantly at around 100.

Just takes practice and being able to jduge range well. Keep in mind that the panzerfaust drops more and more over range, almost exponentially. (notice it goes from 30 to 60 then to 80, not 90, on the sights with an even distance between each part)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Only having 3 rounds of shells is not sufficient. Plus it's really difficult to fire accurately at a target. It's like you're learning how to operate a mortar cannon.
There should be ammo resupply zones, check your map and a pt soldat can refill his panzerfaust shells by walkin close to it. Also there are usually a bunch strewn through the map in key positions.

The panzerfaust aimin system is very rewardin when you learn it, theres nothing like nailing a tank from 80+ meters with it and seeing its smoke trail drift away.

I recommend goin in practice mode and firing at some distant buildings or something so you get an eye for the range distances.

Default key for changing the range is F, that is also the key to attach your bayonnet and deploy an MG
(you can also deploy the MG with your iron sight button)

Upvote 0
Sanzilot,

Can you comment on whether or not the Faust can hurt infantry? Since the warhead has roughly 10 times the explosive of an f1 grenade, I'd expect it to at least be concusivly deadly even though it's a shaped charge and not fragible (frangible?) Similar to the American's using the Bazooka as close range artillery against fixed positions. Even just hitting someone with a 15cm 3kg projectile at a few hundred meters per second should be enough to put a serious hurt on them even if the charge doesn't explode.

The times I've tried, I've hit the ground in the middle of groups of infantry, there's a big puff of smoke... and nobody dies. I can't tell if the round isn't exploding against the ground, or if it just isn't doing damage to infantry.

Admittedly, the faust should be saved for tanks as much as possible, but when a whole squad of Russians comes over the hill and I happen to have the faust out... :D

Upvote 0