• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dispaly options & SLI!!!!!!!!!

cptdamge

Mar 15, 2006
Hi guys,
Just a few questions about setting up the video in RO.

1) In the menu what I click enable advanced video options, nothing happens. Is somthing supposed to happen?

2) Is there anyway to enable Vsync for this game?

3) Most importantly, is there any way to enable SLI for the game? I have tried to creat a profile for RO but there is no direct .exe file to associate with the profile I have created. To run RO you need to go through STEAM and therfore cannot create a direct link to RO's .exe to get the SLI profile to work!

Can anyone help?

Hope so :)

Thanks guys.

Cptdamage

Often wondered about the SLI myself, but it is using it some to extent even if not properly optimized, as i get a noticeable FPS drop when i disable SLI.

You can turn on/off v-sync in your nvidia drivers control panel (found in the advanced section of the display settings) - or you can edit the redorchestra.ini by hand if you feel brave (i'll leave it to someone else to explain how better) but doing it via the nvidia control panel works fine for me. As if ya need and i will post step-by-step how to do this if you are unfamiliar with how.

In the in-game menu, checking the advanced options should allow you to manually check on/off the options to the right - such as shadows, bloom and texture level etc.

Upvote 0
50-60 constant FPS for me (i only have 6800's in SLI) with everything maxed but bloom off, 4x anti aliasing and 4x anistropic filtering.

Best settings i found personally, were to turn off both mouse options in the in-game Input menu (reduce mouse lag and mouse smoothing) turn on V-Sync in nvidia options (can be done in the ini too) and turn on triple buffering (also in nvidia settings) This gets me the FPS above with no effort at all.

For the nvidia settings, Right Click desktop and choose "Properties", then "Settings" on the far right tab, then "Advanced" then the name of your GFX card on the appropriate tab - once there you can access the "Performance & Quality" tab and tweak to your hearts content :D (Just be sure to change the "View" option to "Advanced settings to access them all, V-Sync and triple buffering etc included)

I'll try and find you a ini editing guide, but the above should do the same job for you just fine - the nvidia options will be "forced" into any game that you load after changing.

Upvote 0