• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to improve FPS!?

Deceptoris said:
i have a 1.3 celeron with 512mb mismatched ram and a 7800GTX...

i run it on high.

its fine, stop whining...

A 1.3 celeron on a PCI Express motherboard? As far as I know, they don't produce such low speeds in those sockets.

And Sheila, it could seem like it might be an issue with the intel processors but we aren't all too sure about that. Let's get the reports rolling and get everyone's drivers up-to-date.

Upvote 0
b1sh0p said:
You of course know you don't need anything over 30 FPS... don't you? The human eye can't tell the difference between anything over 25-30 FPS. Anything over that range is really kind of wasted...

Well alot of people say that the eye can, but WHATEVER.:) My problem is that the game runs very bad on my otherwise good system that's capable of running other games really really high. If a good gameplay is worth stuffering, laggy fps and otherwise low effects and graphics then you guys are a bit hardcore and ignorant to my problems here! I mean, I gotta be able to aim properly now wont I!?

Anyways, back on to the problems again......:(

I'll try cat6.2 today and I'll turn off mouse lag and HDR bloom and see what happends. Good luck you other I read have the exact problems as I have!

All you guys with smart and offensive comments: well, just **** off

Upvote 0
Shifty1 said:
From what Ive heard today, I think theres something up with ATI cards. The driver, or just the cards themselves. The mod worked fine with decent FPS, but in OStfront Im getting 10-20 FPS with a 9800 Pro. Now my system is over the min. reqs, but sitll very old. But Some sort of tweaking is going to be needed if Im going to enjoy this game...

That is odd.. I think my specifications may be very similar to yours, but I can run the game at maxiumum settings. Mabye it's the Catalyst drivers? Try downloading the Omega drivers.

Upvote 0
I'm getting great fps on most maps but some tank map just loaded and if I looked towards about half the map I got 1 or 2 fps, even if I was staring straight at a wall.

Athlon 2800+
1GB RAM at 400mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro

Someone mentioned precaching, how do I turn that on/off? I don't see an option for it anywhere.

EDIT: Just turned off autosmooth mouse and reduce mouse lag, the problem appears to have gone away or abated significantly as I was able to turn up the overall detail level and still keep good fps.

Upvote 0
Arx said:
I had the exact same problem shapesh1fter, I changed it from Direct x whatever to Direct 3D and it runs super smooth now.

As a side note, what is the command to see fps?

Yeah, I did that too and unticked the 'reduce mouse lag' box. I also changed a bit of the options and it runs decent on 1200xhmmforgot. So I'll go and frag some now with proper aim.

stat fps in console gives you a little cute fps reading on your right. Otherwise just use fraps.

Upvote 0
ShapeSh1fter said:
Hi, I've played for about 5 mins today and I'm not impressed at all. Sure I see that the gameplay has potential but not with the kind of fps I'm getting.:(

I run with P4 3.4 Ghz, 2gb ram, x800xl and an otherwise healthy system. I run the game at 1024x728, 16bit color and normal/medium settings and I'm only recieving high thirties to lower fourties in fps. Aiming is an nightmare and the game is ugly. Please help!

I'm using latest cat drivers aswell for my x800xl.

If this is what I can expect then I believe the game is not worthy of my money. I can get alot better graphics in CoD2, BF2, Bf2:SF you name it and also a better gaming experience due to non laggy aiming et c...

Please give me a few tips...:)

//laters

I have no idea. I'm running it all settings maxed out at 1280x960x32@4XAA on a two years old computer, vastly inferior to yours without any problems what so ever for the three hours I played it yesterday. All maps were running perfectly well with two digit fps at all times. Of course then, I've not been used to extremely high FPS on games like BF2 or HL2, but RO is running way better than either of those on my computer.

Here's my rig: P4 2,6@3,1GHz, R9800 Pro 128mb tad bit overclocked, 1536 mb 400MHz RAM and SB Live! 5.1.

Upvote 0
Dude dont be complaying, my PC is 5 years old with 512 SDRAM and a 1.01 Grz processer.. just turn down your shadowing, that is what gets me in every game.. so just deal with it.. and saying COD2 is better is a laugh.. i guess you are one of theose guys who doesent like the realistic battle and jsut likes the RNG and the Bunny hoping of COD2, but BF2 is a good game..

Upvote 0
Fraizinger said:
Dude dont be complaying, my PC is 5 years old with 512 SDRAM and a 1.01 Grz processer.. just turn down your shadowing, that is what gets me in every game.. so just deal with it.. and saying COD2 is better is a laugh.. i guess you are one of theose guys who doesent like the realistic battle and jsut likes the RNG and the Bunny hoping of COD2, but BF2 is a good game..
It's so funny seeing people using these tactics with rifles... I just stood there, took a good aim and shot the guy while he was running and jumping trying to reload his rifle and missing me all the time :D

Upvote 0
Neuraxis said:
Is "precache 0" a command you can type into the console? If yes, what does it do?
maybe you can, I didn't try it that way but it does work with bloom 0 so you could try. What I did was go to steam folder and then SteamApps> <account name> > red orchestra > System >

open RedOrchestra.ini file
and set UsePrecache to false... so yeah its not 0 but 'false', my bad :D
The line should look like this UsePrecache=False

And then just save the file and close it.

Upvote 0
noshens said:
maybe you can, I didn't try it that way but it does work with bloom 0 so you could try. What I did was go to steam folder and then SteamApps> <account name> > red orchestra > System >

open RedOrchestra.ini file
and set UsePrecache to false... so yeah its not 0 but 'false', my bad :D
The line should look like this UsePrecache=False

And then just save the file and close it.

I can't find it. :confused: Which "catagorie" is it in?

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
Neuraxis : your not reading the whole file are you?
use ctrl + F to find it.

Well.. yes. I've only edited an .ini once before, and that was for Deus Ex, the .ini. was very similiar to this one.

But hey, thanks for the ctrl-f tip, I found it. :)

noshens >
That wasen't what I ment.. I ment what catagorie in the .ini file, but I found it.

Upvote 0
Fraizinger said:
so just deal with it.. and saying COD2 is better is a laugh.. i guess you are one of theose guys who doesent like the realistic battle and jsut likes the RNG and the Bunny hoping of COD2, but BF2 is a good game..

who? Me?!
Opinions are like assholes - everyone has got one and they all stink. Keep your **** to yourself.:p Seriously, I solved the problem and have an awesome game at 1200something, high effects, 50ish fps. I didn't say that CoD2 is better, you're a lunie! I didn't even play it multi cause it sucked, maybe you did but keep it to yourself man...

Why cant people keep their ignorant assumptions to themselves and just ciontributw to the forum instead? I wish there was an age limit here...

Upvote 0