• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How much do you think this game worth?

giggy

Mar 14, 2006
I personally think it's $14.00.

1. Graphic not good: fuzzy with no details.

2. The enemy cannot shoot and kill me at a short distance: It's harder to kill than real life.

3. Trees and leaves look worse than those in UT2K4: So unrealistic and cheap.

I am an avid first-shooter gamer and I thought something great might come with this release based on my experience many months ago with the mod. It's been a long long time since the introduction to the mod and the game didn't seem to get evolved. What did they do significantly more in the retail package than the mod?

giggy said:
I personally think it's $14.00.

1. Graphic not good: fuzzy with no details.

2. The enemy cannot shoot and kill me at a short distance: It's harder to kill than real life.

3. Trees and leaves look worse than those in UT2K4: So unrealistic and cheap.

I am an avid first-shooter gamer and I thought something great might come with this release based on my experience many months ago with the mod. It's been a long long time since the introduction to the mod and the game didn't seem to get evolved. What did they do significantly more in the retail package than the mod?

Would be good for you to pay as little as possible, save your money and buy a computer that can play with all the graphics and sounds boost up to max.

Don't blame TW because your computer system sucks. But by what I am reading on these forums, there are many more just like you.

Upvote 0
Since when do graphics matter in a game?

Then again, I play old games all the time. And I don't mean Half-life old... System Shock series, Wolfenstein and 3d, old Lucasarts and Sierra games etc. Graphics, good or bad, don't bother me anymore. Gameplay is what matters.

Aiming is a bit odd, but you just have to figure where the gun is pointing, not you, at close range. Basically you're just turning at the torso for the first 30 degrees or so.

The game is worth just as much as any other game, in fact it's "worth" much more than many games that cost the standard retail price. However, it only cost 23 bucks or so for me, so it's a great deal.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Would be good for you to pay as little as possible, save your money and buy a computer that can play with all the graphics and sounds boost up to max.

Don't blame TW because your computer system sucks. But by what I am reading on these forums, there are many more just like you.

My rigs are unimaginable from your standpoint.
I played with maximum graphics with 1600X1200 display and still the graphics doesn't even come half way to DoD:S. Oh dear....:(

Upvote 0
giggy said:
Graphics matter.
Since RO boasts about reality, graphics should matter.
The reason I bought this game was two things: Graphics and vehicles.
Graphics sux big time and vehicles are not as fun as other games.

Oh well, I know it's only $25 bucks but still it's only $14.00 worth.

Moz said:
This is a 25 dollar lesson if DOING YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE INVESTING.

Upvote 0
go 2 gig, its so cheap now

i have 2.8 intel, 9800 pro 128 ati card w/ uptodate drives 6.?, and 2 gigs of ram. It about 2 years old and this rig runs fine, in fact there nothing i havent been able to play, including FEAR. I have a 19 veiwsonic 2 or 4 ms lcd, running in lcd mode (forgot the res)

this games run great. take the time to tweak and also add some ram

oh ya, i would of paid 50-60 bucks as I do all other games. And this is better then most and belongs up there w/ HL@, DODS, and fear as well as COD2. IMO

Upvote 0