• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to improve FPS!?

ShapeSh1fter

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Schweden
Hi, I've played for about 5 mins today and I'm not impressed at all. Sure I see that the gameplay has potential but not with the kind of fps I'm getting.:(

I run with P4 3.4 Ghz, 2gb ram, x800xl and an otherwise healthy system. I run the game at 1024x728, 16bit color and normal/medium settings and I'm only recieving high thirties to lower fourties in fps. Aiming is an nightmare and the game is ugly. Please help!

I'm using latest cat drivers aswell for my x800xl.

If this is what I can expect then I believe the game is not worthy of my money. I can get alot better graphics in CoD2, BF2, Bf2:SF you name it and also a better gaming experience due to non laggy aiming et c...

Please give me a few tips...:)

//laters

Something seems to be awry with ATi x series cards. I have a mobility 9700 (read old piece of poo) and it runs the game great at 1280x800 widescreen with everything pretty much on high. Try the Omega drivers. Also try changing your direct X/D3D settings in game.

You can play RO with 30-40 fps with no problems. This isn't quake...so even low 30s is more than enough fps to be good with. The style of play is simply different and so really high fps doesn't matter so much. Same as pings times. While most games you suck with anything higher than say 50s, I've done perfectly fine in RO with ~200.

Monk

Upvote 0
Monk said:
Something seems to be awry with ATi x series cards. I have a mobility 9700 (read old piece of poo) and it runs the game great at 1280x800 widescreen with everything pretty much on high. Try the Omega drivers. Also try changing your direct X/D3D settings in game.

You can play RO with 30-40 fps with no problems. This isn't quake...so even low 30s is more than enough fps to be good with. The style of play is simply different and so really high fps doesn't matter so much. Same as pings times. While most games you suck with anything higher than say 50s, I've done perfectly fine in RO with ~200.

Monk

I have the new X1900XTX and I average 50-70 FPS with 1200 x 1024 all settings maxed out plus AA and AF maxed out. Still stumped on all these FPS probs

Upvote 0
Some misunderstood me. I want to enjoy a stutter free game play with atleast 1024x728 and with atleast medium settings. Is that too much to ask for in a new game that's not supposed to be very demanding? I personally think not...

I'll give omega drivers a go since as it is now it's just unacceptable. I can still get kills, went about 4-1 when I tried but it wasn't very enjoyable to play.

I'm sure that fi I get decent fps at decent resolutions I'll be completely satisfied with the game. So no, I dont expect it to be a run and gun high fps crazy game....duuh!

So far I dont seem to be alone with this problem, unfortunately.:(

Upvote 0
triath said:
If someone who has an ATi card and is running the very latest Cats wants to be a test subject. Maybe we can get someone who can go from the newest Catalyst drivers to maybe one or two updates back and see how the fps is then. Sounds like an ATi/Driver issue.

I'll go back to cat6.2 tomorrow if I dont get any "Oh dude! you forgot this 20+fps trick I know" kind of tip:) . Possibly I'll try Omega ones too

Upvote 0