• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Manual tank gun reloading...

A friend of mine complained about the tank reloading:
He told me that if you just fired a shell the gun is reloaded automatically. Now lets say you just fired an AP round on an enemy tank and some infanterists are comming in. Now you probably want to swith to a HE round (the coaxial MG is allready out of ammo :D). Now you have to wait until the AP round is loaded before you can switch to HE.
So my suggestion: Manual realoding! Just press the mousebutton another time like its with manual bolting. If there is no round loaded, its no problem to change the ammo type.

Actually, if we are being really, really picky (and I usually am - never mind the "hard-core" RO fans)...

The Germans would be able to unload a shell already in the breach, although it is moderately dangerous, as you are dragging a live shell back out and might drop it... The Soviets strictly can't, as they actually used soft metal "driving bands" on most of their AP rounds. This means that, once loaded, they'd have to be fired off. We didn't have time to implement the variations to this... add it to the "Suggestions" once we're live!

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Actually, if we are being really, really picky (and I usually am - never mind the "hard-core" RO fans)...

The Germans would be able to unload a shell already in the breach, although it is moderately dangerous, as you are dragging a live shell back out and might drop it... The Soviets strictly can't, as they actually used soft metal "driving bands" on most of their AP rounds. This means that, once loaded, they'd have to be fired off. We didn't have time to implement the variations to this... add it to the "Suggestions" once we're live!

I'm all for this combined with manual reloading.

Upvote 0