• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:Is it worth buying it, if i can only Offline sigle player ?

sabyakgp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Dear Friends,

I have already played some excellent games on WWII (MOHAA, COD), i have come to know about RO and interested to buy it, but i am highly disappointed to know that there is no Single player mod in the game. I did a quick search in this forum and downloaded the Game manual abd came to know that you can play some parctice campgin (offline Single Player) against AI. I would like to know how exciting is that offline Single player, can i play all the campaigns ? How its different from RO:MP Is it worth buying the game if i can only play the offline Single player mode ? I have one more question, Is this game similar to COD's "No one fight alone" or is it like MOHAA where you have go alone (most of the time).

hate to say it but unless you like games with realism like opf, not cod movie realism and enjoy online play this might not be for you, its an online game its not a sp game the bots are simply to get used to the game and weapons. Your gonna need alot patience and the learning curve is high from what i hear, dont expect a cod exprience not gonna happen, and thank god for that.

Upvote 0
PsychoPigeon said:
I'm glad there's no SP mode ffs that's what game companys waste their time on nowdays when we all know the action is in multiplayer. Good ol RO putting all their effort into MP!

I hate comments like that as they assume everyone has access to high speed Internet and snub us poor lowly folk that simply can't access broad band no matter how hard we try to persuade various ISP's to deliver.

SP games abound , both on the PC and consol's so there must be a lucrative SP market out there.

Quit often the bot's appear to be more intelligent and obliging than a lot of the players you find on a server.:cool:

But I digress.

I found the MOD in SP mode to be the type of game you would fire up and play around with and was fun but you don't seem to get the immersive feeling not the satisifaction IF you can find a server with players willing to play as a team.

I wouldn't buy the game for SP only as it is primarily a multi-player BUT..and this is IMPORTANT!!

IF you can find a server(s) where the admins have gotten over the age old myth that high pings lag a server you CAN play this game with high pings.

I used to play the MOD and DoD with 350 - 450 ms pings and though you will be relatively inefective in close quarter combat there are so many other rolls you can play that aren't so ping intensive.

Try scouting ahead and reporting positions so low pinging players can take out the enemy.
Try chosing a support type of class where you won't find your connection choking and peppr the enemy with support fire.
Try covering the flanks/rear (again out of high traffic congestion) and let your team mates know that if they see you go down the enemy is on their flank/rear.
Be the "sacrificial lamb" and draw the fire of snipers and MG's so your team mates can take them down.
Drive a truck and offer rides to respawning players and rush them to the front (leave the tanks for low pinging players..but you CAN take them on with AT weapons).
Instead of chosing a combat roll , be a cook! :p
There are various other options you can try as well.

You will be frustrated at times (I shot him 30 times in the back then he turned around and shot me:D) and always remember to be fair towards the other players as you once in a while warp and if this starts to happen , appologise , leave and try another day.

In summary - NO don;t buy it as a SP game but hell , grab it , hop online and give it a whirl. You may just be pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0
Butters said:
I dont think it is, I havent played it yet but I was told its only a practice mode (no story or anything, its like playing online with retards). But why wouldnt you want to play it online?

Not everyone has a great Internet connection, contrary to popular belief.:)

sabyakgp said:
some excellent games on WWII (MOHAA, COD),
Pleeease. :p

Upvote 0