• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra on the shelves!

Richard_B. said:
Because some of us do not own a credit card...
Becuase some of use do not want to download so much data...
Because some of us want a box with a printed manual in their own language...
How often this has been said?

This is not to mention - and I know this may come as a surprise - Not everyone in nonamericaland uses americaland credit cards.

---

So when will it be out in Britain?

Upvote 0
I assume it did take a "couple" of weeks. Guess the verion which is on the Destineer CD/DVD is at least one week old, so retail buyuers will most propably have to download a patch to make them up par with the steam version... unless the devs spent tha last week celebrating, and not developing, which would be very understandable :D

Anyway, GJ, Tripwire. I want a photo of the retail box to see how it looks in reality ;)

Upvote 0
Richard_B. said:
Because some of us do not own a credit card...
Becuase some of use do not want to download so much data...
Because some of us want a box with a printed manual in their own language...
How often this has been said?

I was thinking the same way...but now I dont have to drive anywhere and waste my gas to get a game off the shelf..I hope every game I want to own will be available to me on steam

Upvote 0
Nice... its coming out a whole lot sooner than I thought... I know what I'll be getting this weekend. (that is if I can find enough time to leave my computer playing the damm game to get the boxed version).

On another note, and this may be just another crazy idea coming from me, but I would love to be able to purchase a copy of the game, to be signed by the dev's and given out as a prize... as a goodwill jesture for all the hardwork they put into the mod which I found so damm enjoyable for the last two year's (well, maybe not quite that long for me).

Hell, if this is something agreeable with the dev's, make it a community effort, a clan, or just a big fan, donate a game, to be signed and given away as a prize...

It makes the dev's money, promotes a clan, and get's someone a cool gift. (runner's up may get Ramms underwear)

Just a thought...

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
MrSkip said:
I was thinking the same way...but now I dont have to drive anywhere and waste my gas to get a game off the shelf..I hope every game I want to own will be available to me on steam

STEAM will be the best thing for RO. It will expose it to huge gaming community as a very good price.

Ive seen great games in the past go under in Australia such as RO (ut2003) and Heat of Battle due to the lack of a solid local gaming community.

The only down side for STEAM in the past was its Server Tool, and Friends settup were unreliable. I still use ASE for a server tool and Xfire for friends.

Upvote 0
Anyone know if it will be available in stores this saturday? Because i have to go back to school on sunday, and if that happens i wont be getting the game until the second week in May or so...so if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate any information...i do not want to get way behind and be a total n00b on the battlefield and get owned so bad that i get frustrated lol

Upvote 0