• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How important is teamwork in this game?

liverandspanishonions

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
[FONT=&quot]I hated playing BF2 because it took a lot of teamwork and no seemed to cooperate with each other. So, does RO require lots of teamwork to win and have fun? If so, does the community exhibit lots of teamwork? If you are on a team that is not working together, can you at least have fun playing it? Or is it a lost cause?[/FONT]

Being a lone wolf is almost as much fun and working with 5-10 guys taking an objective. Of course you won't be anywhere near the top of the scores if you don't work as a team and take objectives together (10 points for a capture as opposed to only one for a kill), you'll still have plenty of fun. You could snipe (plenty of open maps), or you could setup a machine gun and just fire away (provided you aren't being a hinderance to your team)

Now comparing it to BF2 in terms of trying to win a round by yourself, its not going to happen. If I remember correctly, BF2 flags (which don't exist in RO) can be taken (and rather rapidly) but one man. In RO you wouldn't live long enough to capture something on your own. Take StalingradKessel for example, the middle warehouse is massive, and having just one enemy in the capture zone will nullify your ability to capture it. So teamwork is key on RO.

edit: to add to your point about being on a team that is not cooperating. That would almost be a lost cause, unless the enemy is doing the same. If everyone on your team is doing their own thing, chances are the round will be over pretty dam fast.

Upvote 0
Hi there deathsai! Long time no see. Yeah, its hard to get normal strangers to work together as a cohesive unit. However, I think people will do it more if they see a point in it. Often times it only takes a few key leadres on a team to inspire a few people to get the job done.

Sometimes ill go into a CoD2 server on Search and Destroy and ask if anyone wants to form a "squad" with me. At first ppl laugh, but eventually, i often get a group of ppl that will stick together and win the map. It's possible, but not always likely.

Upvote 0
I believe voice communication has the ability to contribute to good public teamplay. In the mod there we're quite a few people who had trouble running the in-game voice communication so it never really took off. Although there have been times where people did use it and it resulted into proper teamwork.

Question to the BETA guys: Is the in-game voice communication being used or do the (clan)people still prefer to use their own teamspeak channel? The problem with teamspeak obvously is that not everyone will be able to hear it unless there's a public teamspeak server.

Upvote 0
Grunninger said:
Question to the BETA guys: Is the in-game voice communication being used or do the (clan)people still prefer to use their own teamspeak channel? The problem with teamspeak obvously is that not everyone will be able to hear it unless there's a public teamspeak server.

An interesting point: the voicecomm were actually in use more on the american testserver, than on the european. Maybe us euros are more introvert? :p

I expect that the voicecomm will be in frequent use on the localised servers once the game is released, because the voicecomm works so damn nice in this game!

Upvote 0
RO makes teamwork.

Quickly randoms form a small 4 man squad because:

no one likes dying cause they where out numbered

no one likes losing the map

its funny listening too ummmm bebo or whatever his name is say "im scared you go first"

You feel like a team anyway without doing anything but playing the game

Basicly everyone looks out for people of equal skill and tags along with them.
Two randoms kill a pro easily.

Upvote 0
As I've said occasionally, there is some "silent" teamwork. Not often really organization, just maybe mutual understanding and a pause as you look at a comrade behind you. Maybe he'll have an SMG and you'll have a rifle, and you'll pause, as if encouraging him to go forth and clear a room, since he will obviously do better at clearing it out than you would.

Upvote 0
What you have to remember there are multipul styles of team work. My favorite in BF2 is to be a lone sniper and scout enemy positions and movements calling them out. As soon as the enemy open up on the guys you have moving in, take out key players weakening their defence so your guys stand a better chance. Just make sure you do it when your guys are returning fire so you dont get noticed easily. Of corse it has the most risk of getting you slaughtered when you find an enemy squad trying to out flank your attacking team. But thats part of the fun of scouting out positions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0