• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

visuals from beta to retail game

Amerikaner said:
I dont know how anyone in their right mind could say that CoD2, BF2, or DoD:S has better graphics.

Dont know about DoD:s and havent played CoD2 in a long time but I have BF2 and on high settings it looks absolutely stunning - IMHO RO can't compare to the detail and textures in that game(not on the screenies that I've seen atleast). I'll gladly make some screenies, links to imageshack, if you dont have the game or just want to see how it looks.:) And this goes to anyone, not just to the guy I quoted.

Also, if someone could take really nice screenies in-game of RO, with all the goodies turned on and up, that would be better than arguing here on the forum. After all, arguing on the internet is like the special olympics - you might win but you'll still be retarded:rolleyes: j/k...

Upvote 0
If these dont please you, i dont know what will....

Shot00000.jpg

Shot00001.jpg

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00003.jpg

Upvote 0
Looking at the released media -not having played the game- it looks good to me. The HDR especially should do wonders. Besides, I don't have a top notch rig, (P4 3,1GHz, 1,5Gb 400MHz, R9800 Pro) so I think it's more important to be able to run a game on high settings at decent framerate than having to crank all settings down and have the game look like Doom 95.

However it could in my opinion do with sharper textures, looking at the screens. Could someone get a high resolution action shot of the game with the settings cranked up beyond playable?

Upvote 0
I'll be leaving HDR on. It does add a bit of softness to the image, but it also gobbles up a lot of aliasing and gives it a more realistic look. It definitely helps to get rid of the harsh 'high resolution PC game' look that can ruin many games. It's sharp enough to get by, and I'm certainly not playing any worse due to the screen being a little softened.

Upvote 0
I might aswell throw these 4 in,

The detail on the weapon models is incredible. Hell you can even read the serial number on the butstock of the K98 rifle.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

4.JPG

You may have to click on the image to scale it full screen. Do so its worth it.
Edit: Everything here is taken at max settings 4xAA & 16xAF. I took these on a empty server and i got solid 85FPS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN said:
I think I preferred the old PPSH textures, battleworn, scratched and dinged. This new one (same goes for a few other weapons) looks to clean, too perfect. It just doesn't look as real as it used to.
*shrug*

Look at the textures again... you can very clearly see traces of usage ;) I think it is just becasue the higher polycount, the whole shape looks smoother.

Upvote 0