• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rabbit Gamemode!?!

Blockbot

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2011
OK, the Idea is that when there are two specimens in a group. there will spawn specimens around them instead of the original spawn points.

if there are more then 2 specimens in a group. the specimens will spawn more frequently!

but the wave start as normal with about 30 specimens. that spawns at spawnpoints

the round is won by killing all the specimens on the map. if you can't seem to do so. the wave will never end.

examples of spawning:
like if there is 2 gorefasts running together. they will spawn 1 gorefast everynow and then. (if there is 2 of the same type. it will always spawn the same type asthem self)

if there is example a clot and a fleshpound. there will spawn randomly between clots and scrakes (if you think it terms of power)

Last edited:
It's a really neat idea, but I think the waves would be over extremely fast; everything would get to the players in the time it would take the first 32 specimens to get there, wouldn't it?
Those would be really sudden death waves, and you'd have to reload the map very, very often. If they implemented a way to play the same map again without reloading it, then that'd be fine, though.

Also, isn't KF already experiencing memory problems with the new weapons and only 32 zeds, hence the decision to cut out stockpiling and some xmas zed audio?
I guess if the server crashes you can pretty well say you lost. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's a really neat idea, but I think the waves would be over extremely fast; everything would get to the players in the time it would take the first 32 specimens to get there, wouldn't it?
Those would be really sudden death waves, and you'd have to reload the map very, very often. If they implemented a way to play the same map again without reloading it, then that'd be fine, though.

Yeah I bet ur right having them just run in one big cluster would suck.... maybe it is smarter just having like. 4-6 zeds spawn at start. and let them expand. and when the zed number in map decreases. another 5-6 zeds couls spawn from spawn points!

but this is maybe hard to make. maybe do the same only with minibosses instead?

like have some special zeds like "clot boss" that spawns stuff around it. and when it dies, maybe spawn 1 or more new "specimens bosses" that spawn normal zeds around it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
To make this more compatible with the standard KF, I would suggest a mutator that added to the spawn queue one specimen of a particular type whenever two of the same specimen type are in close proximity for a long duration. If the two parents continue to stay in proximity after the start up time, they continue to add child specimen every x seconds. Each specimen pairs with all available specimen of the same type around it so,

2 specs = 1 pair
3 specs = 3 pairs
4 specs = 6 pairs
5 specs = 10 pairs

Therefore, the remaining specimen can get out of hand, but there are never so many specimen on the map that it causes the server to crash. The only problems I see are:

1) Mutator would encourage melee weapons as they don't run out of ammo and might be necessary to finish waves where mating creates tons of reserve specimen.

2) The scarcer the specimen, the less likely they will find a mate. FPs and scrakes will hardly ever. Mating between any pairs of specs would fix this, but perhaps spawn too many. Maybe allowing FPs and scrakes only to mate with more common specs to produce common specs. Or allow FPs and scrakes to bud.

Upvote 0
To make this more compatible with the standard KF, I would suggest a mutator that added to the spawn queue one specimen of a particular type whenever two of the same specimen type are in close proximity for a long duration. If the two parents continue to stay in proximity after the start up time, they continue to add child specimen every x seconds. Each specimen pairs with all available specimen of the same type around it so,

2 specs = 1 pair
3 specs = 3 pairs
4 specs = 6 pairs
5 specs = 10 pairs

Therefore, the remaining specimen can get out of hand, but there are never so many specimen on the map that it causes the server to crash. The only problems I see are:

1) Mutator would encourage melee weapons as they don't run out of ammo and might be necessary to finish waves where mating creates tons of reserve specimen.

2) The scarcer the specimen, the less likely they will find a mate. FPs and scrakes will hardly ever. Mating between any pairs of specs would fix this, but perhaps spawn too many. Maybe allowing FPs and scrakes only to mate with more common specs to produce common specs. Or allow FPs and scrakes to bud.

lol when you write specimens for "parents" I feel this gamemode is more about familylife sims 3. then killing floor :p

but I dont see your problem number 1. as a problem. since even tho they have unlimited ammo. it is still a fact that berserkers are really slow killing big groups fast. since berserkers are more 1 vs 1. sorta player. (its always easy taking out 1siren, 1 fp or maybe 1 scrake. but if they are 2. well it close to impossible sometimes :/

Upvote 0
If the player is playing as a berserker then they can easily kite. If there were over 32 specimen allowed on the map, then it might be possible to trap them and kill them, but I was looking for a way to allow lots of specimen without having them all spawned at once. Unfortunately it might be impossible to use any perk other than berserker because you end up running out of ammo with ranged weapons if you let the specimen breed too much.

A solution might be allowing a 5% chance of an ammo box spawning when a specimen is killed, where it dies. This allows ranged weapon to compete with berserker weapons on longer waves. There should also be a hard cap for the reserve specimen, say 120.

Upvote 0
If the player is playing as a berserker then they can easily kite. If there were over 32 specimen allowed on the map, then it might be possible to trap them and kill them,

just make it like 40-50 zeds spawn at spawn points. with timelimits between each "bunch" like 15 secounds between every 8th zed spawn. and in the meantime they will recoperate or whatever they do :)

Upvote 0