• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire, a thank you from a new, Greek player

plutonick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2012
Hello, I am Nick from Greece, I am 34 years old and I have been a gamer since 1986 when my parents bought me an Amstrad CPC 6128. I also love anything zombie related.

I have been hearing good thing about KF, mainly from reddit fellow users, but I was avoiding it because of the dated graphics. You see, after BF3, UT2.5 looks weird.

During steam's Christmas sales, I decided to buy it. It was dirt cheap after all, it had a post-apocalyptic theme, and besides, I like supporting companies that make non-mainstream games. I fired the game up, and was astonished to find that I had no crosshairs. I never liked crosshairs. Specimen overrun me soon afterwards. I died instantly. I loved it.

I recommended this game to all my L4D2 greek gaming buddies (which incidentaly most of them are over 30). They all refused buying it because the graphics looked dated. I told them it's on sale, so they gave me the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't hard to convert them. We never played L4D2 again. We never played any other online game for that matter, since the Christmas sale (except Payday which is awesome too).

I love everything about KF. What I like most is how handling guns feel. It's hard to explain, but in most FPS guns feel like they are made of paper. In KF headshots feel very satisfying (that sounds weird).

So far, six real friends of mine play KF with me and more are joining us every day (and dying spectacularly). This is unheard of, in my circles, for a game released almost 3 years ago. We are drooling about the possibility of KF2. Could it be set in the future? In space? Would it involve undead aliens? Mutants? Would it be just the same game with upgraded graphics? We don't care. We would buy it instantly. I am even on the brink of buying RO2. I hear it doesn't have crosshair either.

In short even though we were late for the party, thank you, Tripwire, for Killing Floor.

steamid: http://steamcommunity.com/id/plutonick

Well, to be honest. I played this game about 500 hours when it first was released used about half a year to accomplish it. then I put it on the shelfs, since I am a "betashed" fan (as I call em for various reasons). and played fallout and simular titles.

but then I got back to killingfloor again this summer and done upto 1320hours online. and when Skyrim got out. I was totally sure that I was going to drop KF again and bought me a nice new rig for about 5k dollars. but when I played skyrim. I missed killingfloor so much! so now. I use my 16GB Ram to play killingfloor :p well It has never runned better tho xD

Upvote 0
No, it's because too many people are too stupid to realise that they cannot take on the highest difficulty at the lowest level in both skill and perk. Also that coupled with the fact that by default, the game lists servers of all difficulty levels.

Suggest changes then, so players do not vanish after a shorter period of time.

Many newbies love and like KF ( a proof can be posts of gratitude in either KF-forum ), but yet many quit after a while. Why?

It can

Upvote 0
Hello, I am Nick from Greece, I am 34 years old and I have been a gamer since 1986 when my parents bought me an Amstrad CPC 6128. I also love anything zombie related.

I have been hearing good thing about KF, mainly from reddit fellow users, but I was avoiding it because of the dated graphics. You see, after BF3, UT2.5 looks weird.

During steam's Christmas sales, I decided to buy it. It was dirt cheap after all, it had a post-apocalyptic theme, and besides, I like supporting companies that make non-mainstream games. I fired the game up, and was astonished to find that I had no crosshairs. I never liked crosshairs. Specimen overrun me soon afterwards. I died instantly. I loved it.

I recommended this game to all my L4D2 greek gaming buddies (which incidentaly most of them are over 30). They all refused buying it because the graphics looked dated. I told them it's on sale, so they gave me the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't hard to convert them. We never played L4D2 again. We never played any other online game for that matter, since the Christmas sale (except Payday which is awesome too).

I love everything about KF. What I like most is how handling guns feel. It's hard to explain, but in most FPS guns feel like they are made of paper. In KF headshots feel very satisfying (that sounds weird).

So far, six real friends of mine play KF with me and more are joining us every day (and dying spectacularly). This is unheard of, in my circles, for a game released almost 3 years ago. We are drooling about the possibility of KF2. Could it be set in the future? In space? Would it involve undead aliens? Mutants? Would it be just the same game with upgraded graphics? We don't care. We would buy it instantly. I am even on the brink of buying RO2. I hear it doesn't have crosshair either.

In short even though we were late for the party, thank you, Tripwire, for Killing Floor.

steamid: http://steamcommunity.com/id/plutonick
Welcome to Killing Floor Nick,
I am also a Greek player that got killing floor on the holidays after being interested in it for months. I bought Killing Floor together with L4D2 and my steam stats show 3 hours of LF42 gameplay and 91 hours of KF gameplay so far (that must mean something). Most hours of gameplay so far are on normal difficulty so i have way ahead of me to explore the game more. And with all these community made specimens and maps the game doesn't get boring. I am also wooting for a Killing Floor 2 sometime in the future!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the only game I know that awards you for having skill, after Face of Mankind, Counter Strike and Tribes

Metro 2033, STALKER series, Borderlands, (although BL has some gamebreaking stuff like insta reloads with several combinations of skills, ect.).

I played tribes years ago, loved it. Since it had sentence kills, as in spelling out a sentence instead of the 2 players names with a gun, one of my joke names was "his gay lover", so when I killed someone, at the top of the screen, it would say: "Dave was blown to bits by his gay lover."

Also, loved the blaster and sniper rifle, people underestimated the blaster, but it was pretty potent. Really didn't like the disk launcher, but a lot of people did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did you read that counter strike require skill? By the way it's a terrible game. Unlike our lovely KF :)

Twitch shooting is highly required in there. Even though on most cases, the cone of fire's randomness made it a bit luck based. But yet it's quite skill rewarding. (Regarding cone of fire, it was present in FoM but they wined to remove it : now people can shoot exactly where they point. The duels were so frantic, too bad the game's managers ****ed it up)

Upvote 0
Twitch shooting is highly required in there. Even though on most cases, the cone of fire's randomness made it a bit luck based. But yet it's quite skill rewarding. (Regarding cone of fire, it was present in FoM but they wined to remove it : now people can shoot exactly where they point. The duels were so frantic, too bad the game's managers ****ed it up)

yeah and everyone uses that op sniper rifle all the time. This game is boring. I played for like 20 hrs total. On the other hand I've got KF at 200+

Upvote 0