• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The other 80% of RO2 players dont want a "realism" mode.

Well I'm a little disgusted by both sides of the argument here, I doubt the devs are even off break yet with their families yet, who knows.

Anyways, statistics are stupid, yet it is true that more people that have the game DON'T go on the forums. I always thought of the forums of a small niche place were the old ROOST vets and new RO2 lovers could converse and all CARE about the game and worship :IS2:

But I'm not gonna get all sappy.

I'm sure TWI will give the realism mode ALONG with some bug squashes and ping compesations and all that jazz. So all 58 of you who voted on MagyarHonved's post don't get your panties in a notch, we'll still get our realism. And he'll still get his bug fixing.

Upvote 0
I reject your idea of realism and substitute my own! :p

You'd have to go in-game and ask every player you can, noting down names etc to get a genuine idea of what "the RO2 player" wants in terms of realism. Two modes would be acceptable though, as long as they are clearly marked on the servers.

Yeah, "Red Orchestra Mode" and "Sissy Mode." Simple.

Upvote 0
I am shocked by the gaming community's lack of ambition. They choose to have a computer play their game, and hide their requests for it in phrases such as "improved squad play" etc.

I am not so shocked that the game devs follow along, it is all about money. I was shocked to see TWI do it, especially with the groundswell of support and marketing they were riding on release.

First things first. Make RO2 what it should have been at release. After that, The next steps to improve game will be self evident.

Upvote 0
The other 80% that dont post on the forums, or are even aware that they exist, that is. (Yes, yes. Now that you have clicked and are reading this thread we can all agree that statistics mean jack and ****.)

At any rate, being a newcommer to these forums, I was recently reading over the last dev post (with the poll) and was absolutely shocked to see that the majority of posters here selected "Realism mode/tweeks".

Um, are we playing the same game? This game is broken on so many fundamental levels like player model hitboxes, weapon imbalances, server/client net/ping issues, poor functionality of squad and commander cohesion, spawn issues, basic player movement and control, and game modes which just straight up suck. Yet, many of you are here advocating tougher, more realistic gameplay. Lets not put the cart before the horse gentlemen.

I understand your dedication the the RO franchise and I realize that you feel that the devs should cater to its diehards, and rightly so. I merely ask you to chill out, and press for showstopping class A/B bugs to be patched before you start worrying about DLC type updates. You want us new players to suck it up and power through the steep learning curve; sure, we can do that, but people are dropping this game as soon as they play one or two rounds. Not because of the difficulty, but because the game is often unplayable.

The 80% you're talking about is an audience that doesn't exist. The majority, or the ''80%'', which consist of over 8 millions of players, stick with Battlefield, COD, and game in that genre. TWI can polish RO2 how much they want but it will never appeal to the mainstream unless radical changes are made. If you want this game to appeal to that audience - well, my friend, then you better remove RO2 from the genre ''tactical shooter'' and build it up from scratch. It wont happen with RO2 unless TWI completely remake it from ground level. Compare it with COD and notice the diffrence. People play COD, so thats the type of gameplay most people want because most people play COD and BF-like games.

The majority of players want realism because they bought the game for that reason but most of all because they were promised exactly this. This wont affect you or anyone else since no one will force you to play in realism mode. Most people tend to be able to stick with bugs, glitches and such if the core gameplay is good. Otherwise people would vote diffrent. The 80% you're talking about isn't intrested in this game. Besides, ANYONE that play RO2 have the POWER to express their opinions, but if they CHOOSE to stay in the dark and not voice their opinion. Its not anyones fault if these decisions affect them in a negative manner. The ones who doesn't care about the game has to deal with the outcome of the decisions that are taken.

Upvote 0
It's pretty old though.

Like every joke and witty comment basically :) There's no such thing as a new joke - each and every one shares a structure or format with one that went before it, and often they stretch back centuries. It is only the subject that changes, and that doesn't really constitute "new material" :)

Oops, that was quite off-topic. But meh, this thread is going nowhere fast right? :)

I happened across the RO2 SDK article on RPS myself yesterday, and I was pleased to see them giving it some coverage. Granted the comments aren't so great, but never mind - it could be worse :)

Upvote 0