• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Medic adjustments

Poosh, Ideas 2-6 are great ideas, but 1 is awful. Changing the mp5 weight from 3 to 5 is a nerf no matter how you cut it. Don't try to use euphemisms with us. If it weighs that much more it means we can carry less of other weapons, and the medic already sucks at dps against big baddies. Don't make it worse. What the medic really needs is something like a syringe gun like in TF2 . Plus, Tripwire needs to up the hp and attack of all enemies and move the level cap to 7.

Reactions: CandleJack and Aze
Upvote 0
...And I LOVE the idea of having the dart only drain energy after registering a successful heal, that would be an EXCELLENT step towards balancing the dodgy hit detection...
I don't know if you realise but that means you can spam infinite darts until you hit therefore it is impossible to drain energy until you heal. That'd make it too easy.

Reactions: Aze and poosh
Upvote 0
Poosh, Ideas 2-6 are great ideas, but 1 is awful. Changing the mp5 weight from 3 to 5 is a nerf no matter how you cut it. Don't try to use euphemisms with us. Don't make it worse.

That's a negative boss.

If it weighs that much more it means we can carry less of other weapons, and the medic already sucks at dps against big baddies.

DPS isn't Medic's intended role, healing is. If you're trying to out-DPS the support as medic, then maybe you should re-evaluate your playstyle. On a tangent, i've once soloed an FP, 2 scrakes and a husk as the last survivor on HoE Manor as Medic. I picked up a katana, found an armour, and used the Berserker playstyle on the FP. I then used my dual handcannons and the katana on the scrakes, after LARing the Husk. It's not DPS that you need, it's skill and survivability.

What the medic really needs is something like a syringe gun like in TF2 .

I don't even know what that is.

Plus, Tripwire needs to up the hp and attack of all enemies and move the level cap to 7.

The hp and attack are fine for these difficulties. Another level would throw out the balance, given the current scaling, and then require another difficulty so the current one isn't piss-easy.

Upvote 0
First I'll list all suggestions, then describe them in detail.

1. Increase MP5 weight to 5 blocks {up from 3}.
  2. When picking up medic gun, it's syringe should always be empty, only recharging while in player's inventory.
  3. Increase MP5's syringe capacity to 120 {up from 100}.
  4. Move MP5 to slot 4. Leave MP7 in slot 3.
  5. Increase healing rate for medic.
  6. Set up reasonable prices for both medic guns (

Upvote 0
The hp and attack are fine for these difficulties. Another level would throw out the balance, given the current scaling, and then require another difficulty so the current one isn't piss-easy.

The players that regularly play Hell on Earth would adjust after a couple of days of squad-play and spare time spent on the test map anyway.

Even if there was a level seven, what stats would you even increase for each class? Hopefully not damage. With all this whining about not being able to perform the "essential strategy" :rolleyes: of stockpiling weapons, maybe an ammo capacity bonus? :p Commando sight range for stalkers and health bars? I could maybe see discounts if every specimen is worth even less but money isn't really a problem in Hell on Earth considering the pipe walls I've seen people make. XD

Upvote 0
  • Easy - Level 0-1
  • Normal - Level 2-3
  • Hard - Level 4-5
  • Suicidal - Level 6
  • Hell on Earth - Level ????

• Easy - Played just to understand game mechanics. Shouldn't played ever after you have gotten initial skills.
  • Normal - Level 0-2
  • Hard - Level 3-4
  • Suicidal - Level 4-6 depending of the perk. Zerker should be at least level 5 to frontal stun Scrakes with an Axe. Sharpie needs level 5 to 2-shot Scrakes, or 6 to stun them with LAR. Commando, Demo, Support and Firebug can play Suicidal with perk level 4 or even 3.
  • Hell on Earth - Level 5.5 - 6, i.e. some players can be level 5, but most teammates should have level 6.

Upvote 0
The players that regularly play Hell on Earth would adjust after a couple of days of squad-play and spare time spent on the test map anyway.

Even if there was a level seven, what stats would you even increase for each class? Hopefully not damage. With all this whining about not being able to perform the "essential strategy" :rolleyes: of stockpiling weapons, maybe an ammo capacity bonus? :p Commando sight range for stalkers and health bars? I could maybe see discounts if every specimen is worth even less but money isn't really a problem in Hell on Earth considering the pipe walls I've seen people make. XD

How about... everything but damage for levelling?

For medic how about a nerfed armour upgrade since that's the Medic's version of a damage increase.

Upvote 0