• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We deserve a time frame for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauris

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
'It'll be ready when it's ready'.

'We're working on it'.

TWI's communication before the launch of the game was superb, now it is sub par.
We're simply told that they're 'working on it' and left to our own devices, not knowing what is going to change and when it's going to change (if ever).

I think we, as the customers who were blatantly mislead in the run up to launch (about game features etc) deserve to know what exactly is going to be amended/changed in regards to gameplay AND when.
There'll be a lot of people who'll post defending TWI here with the usual canned responses about 'just wait' etc.

However, I believe that we, as customers who have paid for this game deserve half an hour of one of the devs time to explain what's going on.
I don't think that's unreasonable to ask, and I do hope that this thread isn't locked (if it is, it shows the utter contempt with which TWI treats it's loyal fans) and I'm not banned again for asking questions.

Good day. :)

Last edited:
It's hard to make dates like these. Committing to dates with the gaming community is incredibly dangerous; if you hit the date then it's just standard and expected, no real applause or anything, but by god if you miss the date then you better prepare for hell on earth because those fans are going to turn into fleshpounds and they will not be happy.

Upvote 0
It is not unreasonable at all to want more communication from TW about time frames, yet you'll get crucified here for posting anything remotely critical of TW. I too would like to hear more and more often. Hopefully we'll start seeing a change for the better soon with the release of the SDK.

Upvote 0
It really sucks when you want to play a scrim an no server works, because TWI suddenly decided to release a patch!
They didn't 'suddenly' decide. It went out over the admin mailing list at least 12 hours (longer I think) before it went live. The recent 'hotfix' was about 6.

Upvote 0
It's dangerous to commit to much in the software business. Though it would be really nice to hear feedback along the lines of "we are working on the following defects".
Sorry, what..?! Oh, defects - with a 'c'. Roger. As you were.
:D

'It will be ready when it's ready' - the oldest truism in the games industry. Far better that than the only other likely alternative: falsism. Simmer down and check in from time to time. One day you might be pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0
Dates are the devil, I remember the forums when the beta was coming out people moaned, I remember when the game was delayed 2 weeks and people moaned "I dont care about the bugs, I want it now!" or "I paid to be in a beta, I dont care about the state of the game!"...
*le sigh*
They should have put the game on hold for at least 6 months or a year...

Upvote 0
It's dangerous to commit to much in the software business. Though it would be really nice to hear feedback along the lines of "we are working on the following defects".

Well said. Keep an eye out for Yoshiro's 'What are we up to' threads. They are an excellent place to discuss future game updates.

Upvote 0

Any business should have some sort of deadline.
If the existing bugs can't be fixed within 6 months to a year post launch, I'd say things don't look good. If the devs can't even provide this kind of estimate, then I'd say it looks worse.
It will either make the company respectable if they meet their projected deadlines in a reasonable time frame, or it will be a hit to their rep.
Everybody knows delays happen. Look at half-life 2.
To not give any sort of timeframe to me implies to me the problem could be more than serious

Upvote 0
It's hard to make dates like these. Committing to dates with the gaming community is incredibly dangerous; if you hit the date then it's just standard and expected, no real applause or anything, but by god if you miss the date then you better prepare for hell on earth because those fans are going to turn into fleshpounds and they will not be happy.

While hitting dates is incredibly hard, that isn't to say you shouldn't set them. And who really gets applause, and does it matter? Personally I think the game would have done a lot better if it were postponed, even though the forums would have been a boiling pot. The state of the forums atm is even worse.

No matter how good a game is people will come to the forums to complain, that's normal, expected, and is a good thing if you ask me. Once things start to get quiet, that's when your warning lamps should be lit. I just don't see the point of complaining about "complainers" on a forum, the form of praise that should matter to developers is people playing and creating content for their game.

With regard to the devs' communication I'm quite pleased with the steps they've taken with the "what we're up to" threads and the poll which concerned what aspects they should prioritize in further development. So I'm not too concerned with a lack of dates, I'm far more concerned with the general progress rate since launch when taking into account the state the game was released in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It really sucks when you want to play a scrim an no server works, because TWI suddenly decided to release a patch!
yeah! nothing sucks worse than twi releasing patches to fix the game so people with problems can play! oh. wait. there's nothing wrong with that, is there. would you be happier if they didn't make the patches and you could just play by yourself?

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
People *****ed and moaned about Tripwire not meeting deadlines that they themselves were skeptical about.

So Tripwire have solved this by not giving deadlines, though apparently you prefer a horde of ungrateful bastards claiming that Tripwire are lazy, in-fact they are a smallish company who dont quite have the backing of a game like say...Battlefield.

Essentially, if you bought this game expecting instant results you've come in with the wrong mindframe. This game needs time to develope and mature before it reaches its full potential, we dont know when it will be, it will be ready as soon as physically possible.

Reactions: Lettland and r5cya
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.