• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are Husk kills with Husk Gun no longer counting?

Yeah, I kind of thought maybe this was just not fixed when they swapped over the zed skins. The achievement itself doesn't state anywhere that they have to be Xmas Husks, but the regular husk kills are just not counting at all.

Which is a shame, as it's the last one of the new weapon achievements I need now. 'I love ze Healing, not ze Hurting' unlocked yesterday as I went up to perk 4 with Medic.

Ah well, guess I'll wait and see if they patch it...or just for Christmas again. o_o Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
I had a map achievement go away, HoE Waterworks, which I soled as a test of a non-Xmas related achieve. I think it is soloing that is broken as I can still earn achieves in multiplayer. I have not tested the husk cannon in multiplayer yet. Unfortunately I earned the other achieves before the end of the event.

Upvote 0
What part of 'Event' Achievements is so hard to understand?

Missed the event? Too Bad. Like how they made that one Ball character no longer available, as well as the Portal 2 Event Achievements.

Big Deal, get over it. |:<

As for map achievements, those always work as long as you're in a WLed server. Two achievements outside the new non-Xmas ones don't seem to work in Mulitplayer, try doing it on Solo.

Upvote 0
I think the problem is that almost none of the other weapon achievements in the game (i.e. "Let Them Burn" or "Dot of Doom", etc.) are event-specific, and technically none of the new ones state that they are event-specific either. The "Burning Irony" achievement says to "Kill 15 Husks with the Husk Cannon", not "Kill 15 Christmas Husks with the Husk Cannon".

Other weapon achievements are event-specific though, like "That's not Santa!", which states that you must "Kill 3 Christmas Bloats with the Bullpup in one wave", or "Not so Silent Night: Kill a Christmas Siren with an undetonated LAW rocket."

None of the new weapons state that they are event-specific, so I think this is what's confusing to a lot of people.

Exactly! But, to also counter the other guy's post...the 'Luv Ze Healing not Ze Hurting' definitely unlocked while being outside the Xmas Event. That, to me signals that these are definitely not Event achievements....which if he had been paying attention, he would have known that.

Upvote 0
I posted to this effect in the bug report forum.

I think that Tripwaire has endded the Xmas 2011 event as per usual but they either neglected to turn off all the achievements or forgot that they didn't name xmas zeds in the descriptions.

Right now you can earn the Xmas 2011 achievements as long as those achievements do not name a specific zed. For example meat pasta, love ze healin etc. It is my understanding that you cannot earn a named zed achievement becuase that achievement is assuming a Xmas zed, example burning irony, finish him, etc.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
I posted to this effect in the bug report forum.

I think that Tripwaire has endded the Xmas 2011 event as per usual but they either neglected to turn off all the achievements or forgot that they didn't name xmas zeds in the descriptions.

Right now you can earn the Xmas 2011 achievements as long as those achievements do not name a specific zed. For example meat pasta, love ze healin etc. It is my understanding that you cannot earn a named zed achievement becuase that achievement is assuming a Xmas zed, example burning irony, finish him, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, but I already understood that. The Husk Gun achievement doesn't require XMas Zeds; at least it doesn't say it does.

Upvote 0
I am also unable to progress Burning Irony, regardless of map, difficulty, server, solo, etc.

I had already unlocked this achievement during the XMAS event, and a couple of weeks ago it reverted to 3/15, and is unable to be progressed. A bit frustrating since it's taken my from complete achievement unlocks 176/176 back to incomplete. My achieve wall is ugly now! lol :)

Upvote 0
This really isn't hard to understand.

It's not so much that Burning Irony et al are tied to the Christmas event itself as it is that they're tied to the Christmas specimens. Though the descriptions don't specify it, only Christmas specimen kills count towards those Achievements. I Love Ze Healing, not Ze Hurting is still attainable because its conditions do not involve the Christmas specimens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Splatpope
Upvote 0